Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hand squeaks work on hogs

Hand squeaks work on hogs

Seems a few hond squeaks to mimick a rabbit get them a lil interested lol. Have had freinds say they get big boars coming in fairly regularly on fawn in distress.

A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master
    It's worth a try - you've got nothing to lose. I was coyote hunting once using a squeaky toy to sound like a rabbit in distress. Within a few minutes there was a rustling in the brush and out popped a bobcat. (I let it go) You never know what will work until you try it.

These are nuisance hogs, not some noble stag or something, so if calling doesn't work don't be afraid of using the nuclear option! Grab that box of stale doughnuts out of the break room at work and dump them at the location where you want the pigs to appear. You know that they'll be coming because you'll be able to smell them making coffee.

Boolit Master
    Feral hogs are North America's version of African hyenas. They'll pretty much prey on anything - my son has pulled them in with a dying rabbit call.

That same call will put crows into a hissy fit sometimes.
    Feral hogs are almost single handedly the reason that AR15s became popular for hunting. As 405 said- they aren't a noble creature- they are an enemy. Kill as many as you can- they'll make more.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Lots of animals react to the squeaky calls. I called in a grizzly bear once. I didn't care for that, as I only had a longbow with me at the time.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banner Sponsor

I played your video and my dogs went nuts, lol.
    I'll have to keep a squeaker in my back pack for when I can hear them but they won't come in.