WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I was HACKED!

Boolit Grand Master

I was HACKED!

My Castboolit account was recently hacked and from what I understand some unscrupulous people were trying to scam the members here. I want to apologize to everyone here if it has caused you any hardship. I try to protect all of my accounts as best I can, but there are crooks that have nothing better to do than attempt to steal/scam good people.

Joe
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    That sux!

I hope you get it cleared up soon!

I got a text yesterday,, that while it could have been a legit potential customer,, the wording was suspect. I checked my records,, and I didn't have any open jobs matching the phone number. I texted back a polite; "I'm sorry,, but who is this please?"
    Much later I got a reply that ONLY gave me an email address. I typed a text reply,, and requested they call me as I didn't divulge important info in an email.
    No response so far. Likely a scammer trying to get into my email account.

I have several ideas as to what I'd enjoy doing to such criminals,, but can't say them here.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    My Castboolit account was recently hacked and from what I understand some unscrupulous people were trying to scam the members here. I want to apologize to everyone here if it has caused you any hardship. I try to protect all of my accounts as best I can, but there are crooks that have nothing better to do than attempt to steal/scam good people.

Joe
    That would be me. The for-sale post was for S&S K-22 Outdoorsman for about 1/3 of the normal price. I posted that I would take it and send a PM but the first red flag was payment was only zelle or venmo. Less than 2 minutes after the "I will take" it I received a PM that no PM was received. Second red flag so I requested to pay by USPS Money order and asked if it was reblue. That would explain the low price.

I received this "I only accept zelle or venmo. Thank you. Sending with Zelle is very simple. I will give you my zelle mail and you will send it." Having done business with you I knew that didn't sound like you so I requested a Mod check the IP address. It was from Europe.

Several more PM's with incorrect details along with the European IP address screamed that you had be hacked.

Nothing lost but me note getting the pictured scam item.

The mods did an excellent job with this and not your fault.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 09-13-2022 at 11:42 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    …….That sux!

I hope you get it cleared up soon! ……….
    Hence the reason he is posting again. Once we realized something was up we contacted “Joe” with some basic question he should have been able to answer. When the answers came back goofy we locked down the account then contacted Joe through back channels and once he was able to verify himself we set everything back to the way it was.

Please be careful folks. Check your passwords often and change them if they are common names.

Rob
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Hence the reason he is posting again. Once we realized something was up we contacted “Joe” with some basic question he should have been able to answer. When the answers came back goofy we locked down the account then contacted Joe through back channels and once he was able to verify himself we set everything back to the way it was.

Please be careful folks. Check your passwords often and change them if they are common names.

Rob

You guy's are Awesome Detectives !
    Thanks , we members Appreciate it all .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Vendor Sponsor

yes the Mods dont get enough credit for the the work they do here .. 99% is in the background that the average user never sees
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I think its time to change my log in. I just hate having to add yet another log in credential, My book is full! As said you cant be to care full. That is a pain.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    yes the Mods dont get enough credit for the the work they do here .. 99% is in the background that the average user never sees
    I know all about that! lol. I do respect the work they do.
    Last edited by super6; 09-14-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program