Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: Do you have empty SPP or SRP primer trays and empty boxes you could spare?

Do you have empty SPP or SRP primer trays and empty boxes you could spare?

I have some time on my hands so, I'm learning to reload primers. Tedious, but, very exacting. There are many many formulas to make the powder. Fun to play around with the chemistry. I have even made a primer cup push-through resizer. The only issue I have is storing them safely. In a bag, plastic box or bottle they could rattle around and be dangerous or they could lose the powder inside. I saw a photo of an early primer tray made of wood where the primers sat on their sides in slots, I thought that was interesting. Relatively easy to make. When they are empty I have always just thrown them away so I am in need. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has the plastic trays and maybe the sleeves for SPP or SRP?
    Last edited by bbogue1; 09-13-2022 at 03:46 PM.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Boolit Master

you can 3d print some or drill holes in wooden blocks if you dont find the actual trays. couple of people over on the mewe primer reloading group have printed trays for sale.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Will 209 primer trays work?
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master

PM me your mailing address.

Boolit Master
    PM me your mailing address, I have been saving my primer trays.

Moderator Emeritus

PM sent.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Probably do. Depends on the last time I emptied the trash can in my reloading room. How many are you looking for?

Boolit Master
    I too most likely have some in my trash can I could send. If you are still looking,, mine would be WW WSP ones. PM me if needed.

I have some if you still need any.

Boolit Master

Here is another way to go for those who do not have - or can not get empty Factory Primer Trays:

Attachment 304439

The plastic trays are from 22LR or 17 HMR plastic trays. In the picture a Large Rifle Primer is in the top Tray; and a Small Rifle Primer is in the bottom tray. A box (Bottom/Top/ and maybe sides) can be fabricated from light weight cardboard or heavy weight paper. Some scotch tape or painters tape to keep it all together. Then write on the Cardboard/Paper what type of primer it is and other info as needed.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

I would not trust in wooden trays/blocks. I would fear some humidity inside them.
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Here is another way to go for those who do not have - or can not get empty Factory Primer Trays:

Attachment 304439

The plastic trays are from 22LR or 17 HMR plastic trays. In the picture a Large Rifle Primer is in the top Tray; and a Small Rifle Primer is in the bottom tray. A box (Bottom/Top/ and maybe sides) can be fabricated from light weight cardboard or heavy weight paper. Some scotch tape or painters tape to keep it all together. Then write on the Cardboard/Paper what type of primer it is and other info as needed.
    Oh yeah, I got scads of those too
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Issue solved. Thank you Lancem I'll wait for them to arrive.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Thank you all who replied. Lancem was kind enough to respond and follow through. Good on you Lancem.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wilecoyote View Post
    I would not trust in wooden trays/blocks. I would fear some humidity inside them.
    Back in the dark ages when I started reloading, primers came from the factory in wooden trays. Don't recall any problems from humidity.
    Home made primers might be more susceptible to problems with humidity, though

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by quack1 View Post
    Back in the dark ages when I started reloading, primers came from the factory in wooden trays. Don't recall any problems from humidity.
    Home made primers might be more susceptible to problems with humidity, though
    Fun Fact:
    Recently (since after the shortage started) I swapped some vintage primers in original wood trays to a friend. They had been casually stored in a non-air conditioned room in the upstairs of my old house (in MN) for many years. MN summers can get incredibly humid. All primers were just fine, in fact if they weren't, he could chime in, as he is a member here.

I think the reasons they quit using slotted wood trays was safety, as well as cost.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~