Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox

Thread: New Mitutoyo calipers must be counterfeits

Boolit Master

New Mitutoyo calipers must be counterfeits

Doing a search for Mitutoyo calipers I stumbled onto Fleabay and found several offerings for Mitutoyo 500-196-30 digital calipers for $54 shipped. One showing 321 sold.

Although I would love to get my hands on affordable Mitutoyo calipers somebody once told me, if the deal seems too good to be true it probably is. Am I wrong?
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    ebay protects you if you dont like return them

if you can be burned, you can be burned even if you buy it at double of this price
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    Doing a search for Mitutoyo calipers I stumbled onto Fleabay and found several offerings for Mitutoyo 500-196-30 digital calipers for $54 shipped. One showing 321 sold.

Although I would love to get my hands on affordable Mitutoyo calipers somebody once told me, if the deal seems too good to be true it probably is. Am I wrong?
    Search "fake mitutoyo calipers" on youtube to find out how to tell the difference...

But yes, if the price is too good to be true...

Vendor Sponsor

There are a bunch of fakes on ebay now. oley55 is right. look for the you tube video - it tells all you need to know not to buy the low cost fakes.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master

I just watched a YouTube video showing Mitutoyo caliper comparable differences between 6" and 8" real (expensive) and 10" and 12" fake (Chinese knock offs on Amazon). While appearing mostly cosmetic, the true problems lie in the software, at about 20X the battery consumption, and less accuracy in the knock offs.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I watched that video and quickly went to check the calipers I recently bought. Luckily they checked out as the real ones. Good because I paid over a hundred bucks for them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    I just watched a YouTube video showing Mitutoyo caliper comparable differences between 6" and 8" real (expensive) and 10" and 12" fake (Chinese knock offs on Amazon). While appearing mostly cosmetic, the true problems lie in the software, at about 20X the battery consumption, and less accuracy in the knock offs.
    yes that is an excellent video. I watched several others as well. I had no idea there was so much counterfeiting going on, but it figures I guess. I’d like to be ultra critical of the Chinese for this, but it’s their American cohorts who are knowingly marketing this stuff and perpetuating it. May the pox be upon them…!
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

There is some much knock-off garbage on scamazon, it's unreal.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.