RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, September 12

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, September 12

Good morning all. A great message and reminder of a struggle we all need to overcome. Have a safe and blessed day.

The High Cost of Unforgiveness
    by Greg Laurie on Sep 12, 2022

Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
    —Ephesians 4:31–32

There will come a moment in your life when you’ll have your last conversation with someone you love. You may not realize it’s your last one, which is why it’s always a good thing to end your conversation with the words “I love you.”

When the Lord called our son Christopher home, he knew that we loved him because we always told him that we did. It’s a very important thing to do.

Our loved ones can’t read our minds. Think about those you love, those who mean a lot to you. Tell them that you love them, even if you think they already know. Don’t wait until it’s too late.

Also, keep short accounts and forgive. Realize that people will disappoint you, even people you love. We all will face hurt and pain in life, but what we don’t want to do is harbor grudges.

Studies suggest that those who don’t forgive are more likely to experience high blood pressure, bouts of depression, and problems with anger, stress, and anxiety. When we forgive others, we’re not letting them off the hook. Rather, we’re avoiding misery in our own lives.

I’ve said before that when you forgive someone, you set a prisoner free: yourself. The apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Ephesus, “Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you” (Ephesians 4:32 NLT).

I think of the story of Joseph in the Book of Genesis and the horrible things that Joseph suffered because his brothers betrayed him. At the time that he could have had them all executed, he instead forgave them and said, “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive” (Genesis 50:20 NKJV).

Forgive. Don’t live in a self-imposed prison of anger, bitterness, and resentment, which can ruin your life
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

A struggle foe sure...thanks for the lesson!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Amen, this is a daily prayer of mine.

Boolit Buddy
    Someone said in church yesterday that having bitterness towards someone is like drinking poison yourself and waiting for them to die.

Boolit Grand Master

I have learned to reverse that - I am as likely to hurt someone and need forgiveness as to be hurt by someone and need to forgive. When I see myself as a perpetrator it is easier to accept that others do as well, usually just as unintentionally as I do.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I wonder if there comes a time when we need to forgive ourselves. ?? jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    Every day!
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    Rather than forgiving myself it is accepting that God has forgiven me - accepting that forgiveness wipes out my sin.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Rather than forgiving myself it is accepting that God has forgiven me - accepting that forgiveness wipes out my sin.

Yes yes yes