Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, September 10

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, September 10

Good morning all. I found this message today by "accident" and it just screamed out at me. Have a safe and blessed day.

God's Holy Fire: 'Adopted as His Own'
    Saturday, September 10, 2022 - Phil Ware

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."
    — Romans 8:14-15 NLT

Key Thought

"She wanted a mother. She wanted me to be her mother. And I wanted to be her mother, but it could not be." My wife, Donna, said these words with tears in her eyes as she thought about precious Gladys, a nine-year-old who was in an orphanage in South America. Donna longed to adopt Gladys and make her a part of our family, but it was not possible because of the legal entanglements and restrictions. Donna's ache to share her love with this precious youngster gives me a window into God's heart and how he loves us. He wants to adopt us into his family. He paid the high cost of our adoption with the death of his Son, Jesus, on the cross. He brings us into his family and places his Spirit within us so we can call out, "Abba Father!" and know he is always near. Each of us as one of Jesus' disciples is God's child. He will not let anything separate us from his love for us in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:32-39).

Today's Prayer

O Father, I cannot fathom your love for me! I do not understand it. I do not deserve it. I have not earned it. But I have yearned for it, and now I rejoice in it. Thank you! In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm glad we have a Father a great as He. I'm thankful Christ gave himself freely and allowed me as a gentile to be grafted in. I'm grateful for the Spirit that lives inside and I can call him "daddy".

Boolit Master

Amen, adopted into the family of God!

Boolit Grand Master

Not many know two facts of Roman adoption. One, it was common to adopt an adult, particularly one who has proven honest and reliable. And if a natural son was not those things it was especially necessary. Second, a natural son could be disinherited, an adopted son could not. As adopted sons we are more secure than the natural ones.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Until I had my first son, I didn't understand God's love, two more children added to that, then after adopting my youngest son and spending more money, prayers, and never giving up on him through his troubles, I know even more about the depth of his love!