WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

View Poll Results: Will you buy an ugly pistol?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

23 19.49%
  • Yes

78 66.10%
  • I have mixed feelings.

17 14.41%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Will you buy an ugly pistol?

Boolit Master
    I'll bite, what is the Aunt's gun? I thought I had seen most of the oddballs. GF

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I'll bite, what is the Aunt's gun? I thought I had seen most of the oddballs. GF
    A German made Schuler Reform. They were made from 1904 to 1914 in .25ACP.
    The barrels come up and remind you of a harmonica after each shot.

There was no way they could compete against the magazine fed designs.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

It's whining I know but: any handgun with a flattened trigger guard and/or a fiber optic sight qualifies as fugly in my neck of the woods...(read the current crop of Colt revolvers, no matter how nicely they're buffed out...) YMMv Rod
    Rod

Remember the RamLine Exactor .22 pistol? And the Charter Arms broomhandle .22 pistol? Mud fence ugly!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

CZ-52. Yes, I have one in 7.62x28.

Boolit Bub
    I have a 1895 Nagant, an Astra 400 and a Ramline Exactor so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I bought an 8mm Lebel revolver with what looked like plexi-glass grips. Even the store salesman said it was an ugly gun (its looks brought the price way down). I posted a pic on this forum and learned that those grips were "sweetheart grips," and suddenly it wasn't so ugly. The grips were made from the windshield of a downed German plane, and a photo of the owner's sweetheart was placed inside the grips.
    Take her wabbit hunting with wheel weight and she'll be your sweet heart forever.

Remember the various .44 and .45 snub noses coming forwards from the end of the 19th Century? Not even the aesthetic norms of the day pushed the designers into actually making something attractive though some were certainly better than others. That's how these latter day stainless steel revolvers from Charter Arms effect me. Attractive as a junk yard office desk paper weight and as mean as their dogs. A large bore Charters snub nose fills a unique niche and looking pretty doesn't count when the lights are out.

PS,
    The .41 Mag is just the cat's meow.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 12-01-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Boolit Master
    ive always had an affection for ugly unloved guns. when friend offered to me an ugly beat up lend lease S&W 38 special lend lease gun. I did not hesitate. he was afraid to shoot it. I immediately went to store, got a box of 38 spl ammo. took it out in his back yard and proceeded to show him just how reliable the old gun is completely chopping in half an old wooded fence post at about 15 paces. I forgot what I traded him for it but I'm sure this old gun will by far outlast whatever it was I gave him for it.

Boolit Master
    Was at a local gun show here in Louisiana. Dealer had about ten S&W model 10's with the pencil style barrels. They had been nickle plated at the factory. But calling them nickle plated would have been kind. Basically only small patches of plating survived and the barrels looked to never had been cleaned. The rifling was there but little remained. Was asking $250 each. Was not impressed. Funny part was the revolvers had been stamped EBRP, East Baton Rouge Parish. Frank

Boolit Master
    I don't REALLY have a use for a Lahti 9mm, nor a Bergmann-Bayard M1910/21. In addition to being obsolete (nonetheless still effective) for their intended purposed, they're not what I'd call aesthetically appealing sidearms. I would, nonetheless, certainly buy either if I could get one for the right price.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Buddy

I have given it a lot of thought but I think the Russian Moisin-Nagant is a homely revolver. It is butt ugly! And it shoots a weird cartridge. Have owned a few when they showed up on our shores for $70 each. Shot em and played with the gun but passed it off to another shooter/collector who fell in love with them.

Boolit Master

Feo, Fuerte, y Formal'
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

Very common mistake to make, but the Russian Revolver is the 1895 Nagant, designed by Belgian gunmaker Leon Nagant, nothing Mosin about it.

The Russian rifle is the Mosin-Nagant, known commonly in Russia as simply the Mosin, designed mostly by Sergei Mosin, with some minor features of Nagant's design.

Will you buy an ugly pistol?

Hi-point picked a good time to introduce their ugly pistol in 10mm. They will probably sell quite a few.
    Well, not really introduce. Probably just a different barrel and magazine needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456