Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: WTB: IN NEED OF - a .266" PUSH THROUGH BULLET SIZING DIE

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar

WTB: IN NEED OF - a .266" PUSH THROUGH BULLET SIZING DIE

I am in need of a .266” push through bullet sizeING DIE. I remember that quite a while ago, a member posted in the WTS/WTS section quite an array of different sizes of push through sizers, but I don’t remember who it was - or if he was making them. Ideally, I would like to find something like the Lee Push Through Sizer Die with the stem that mounts in a standard reloading press – OR – if someone had one of the old Lyman 310 push through bullet sizers in .266”, I could mount it in a standard press using a thread bushing.

I am working with two very early, 1st year production Japanese Arisaka Type 38 rifles (6.5
    X 50) that I inherited. Both bores slug out at .264”. I’m using an Ideal 266-455 – a 127 gr. GC boolit which drops at .268” and I need the .266” sizing die to size down .002” and to crimp the gas check on.

And before “conversations” get posted, yes, I know that Lee makes custom sizers. I don’t have a “lubesizer” so am unable to use the dies intended for those. I have the name and phone number of a gentleman who can make one, but I wanted to check on here first to see if anyone had either a .266" push through sizer with the standard 7/8”-14 thread for a standard press or one of the old Lyman 310 .266" push through sizers that I could use a thread bushing with laying around that they didn’t need and would be willing to sell. Or, if there is someone on here who could make one up, please drop me a PM.

Thank you.

Jim

PM sent

Boolit Buddy
    NOE has .266 diameter push through sizing bushings for their sizing body.

" My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Thanks everyone - greatly appreciate your responses.

After taking a look at what NOE offers - for the number of different sizers I use, I decided to switch over to it. Al's new sizing bushings look pretty slick and I especially like the option they give to use either a push through stem or an adapter and a top punch that fits the boolit head - so you can feed either base first of nose first. In all of my looking, he is the only one I have found that offers any type of bullet sizing die for a variety of 6.5mm boolits.

So . . . needs are met and Mods, please close this thread. Thanks.
    Jim