MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load Data

Thread: Potter Hardness Tester

Boolit Buddy

Potter Hardness Tester

Hello I need some info hopefully someone here can help out. I acquired a Potter lead hardness tester. Unfortunately it is not complete and is missing the weight that attaches to the balance arm. I am hoping that someone here has one of these units and can help me with the size, weight and composition of the weight. Please PM or reply here if you have one that I can copy. I have the ability to reproduce it but need the specifications. This looks like a really cool tool and Im hoping I can get it back in service. Thanks in advance for any help

Boolit Master

I did a google search and found some nice clear photos of the weight but nothing stating it's weight.
    https://www.shootersforum.com/thread...s-tester.8992/
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the replies I found those pics as well I could almost make it from what is there but the weight and material cant be gleaned from the photos .
    I sent an email to the person that posted about one in 2008 but he hasnt been here since 2011

Boolit Grand Master

Could adjust the weight with a known mix until it registers right.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy
    OK so for future reference I was able to contact a gentleman from an old thread and he gave me the specs. The wt is lead about 2" od and weights 2 pounds it has a wire loop that makes up the hanger looks bout 3/16" dia wire. Thanks for the replies