Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, September 08

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, September 08

Good morning all. I really love and needed this message today. Have a safe and blessed day.

Stop Worrying and Start Praying

by Greg Laurie on Sep 8, 2022

So, don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
    —Matthew 6:34

Worry can ruin your day. It can ruin your week. It can ruin your month. Actually, worry can ruin your life.

The root word of “worry” means “to choke” or “to strangle.” When my grandkids were much younger, they liked to come up and choke me from behind. They thought it was cute and fun, and it was okay because they were small. They weren’t hurting me. Worry, however, does hurt us. It chokes us out. That’s why we need to stop worrying and start praying.

I realize that we all have things in life to worry about, but I’m reminded of the words of the apostle Paul: “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6–7 NLT).

When you worry about the future, you cripple yourself in the present. Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength. Even when things are going well, we start worrying that something is going to go wrong, don’t we? Jesus said, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today” (Matthew 6:34 NLT).

Turning worry into prayer is a conditioned reflex. It’s something that we learn how to do. In contrast, a natural reflex is something that we automatically do. For example, if you accidentally touch something hot, you immediately pull your hand back. That’s a natural reflex. No one has to teach you to do that.

We need to develop the conditioned reflex of turning worry into prayer. When worry creeps in, when panic hits, stop and pray right away. Remember, God is in control of your life. As Christians, we don’t believe in fate; we believe in faith.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

What a great mini-Bible Study! Worry is natural for us....but the answer is to trust in God and pray for His help and intervention!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    We tend to run everywhere but to God first. Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven.... We need to run to God first in our worries and troubles.

Boolit Master

Amen, I have come face to face with worrying many times and only to find out what I worry about never came or was far easier than I thought.

We are a strange people; we worry endlessly about things over which we have no control. Who will be the next president? Will inflation wipe out my savings? When at the same time we have light at the flip of a switch, and an endless water supply. Turning things over to God is the right answer, but is also the hardest thing to do.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

USMC 77, USRA 79

Great message for these times!!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

I have a small wooden sign under my TV given to me by "St Peggy"

"Good Morning. This is GOD. I will be handling all your problems today."

Amazing how often it helps.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!