RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dillon die parts?

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    120,000 rounds before you fed a case with an off-center primer hole? (or Berden case?) Average? I'd say that average is more than acceptable. If Dillon is talking about die wear.....still, that's a lot of rounds.
    It takes more than an obstruction, it also requires force. I learned many years ago to not force things that do not feel right. I also have avoided setting off any primers while seating them using the same methodology.

And yes, that is a lot of rounds. To put that into perspective that’s almost 430 pounds of powder that is literally money burned, makes a $140 die a bargain.

Boolit Mold
    I have to say that I was surprised when I broke the decapping pin of a dillion sizing die recently. I did not notice any extra pressure. I tried to find replacement pins on the website and found them or what appears to be them but agree I am not spending as much or more for $8.10 worth of pins on shipping. So I switched to a Lee universal decapping die and kept going. I do like universal decapping dies.
    I thought about calling Dillion but decided against it. I wondered if the Lyman pins would fit but they look to short.

I'd call DILLON and see if they send one.

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Buddy
    Dillon may not be perfect, but they are sure good to deal with. Last week I damaged the cartridge plate loading .30 C..........long story short, Lee's factory crimp die chipped the teeth in that plate, rendering it inoperapable......my fault I know!......Called Dillon and told that sad tale, sent the old plate in on Dillon's dime and had a replacement NINE DAY'S later. Dunno 'bout decapping pins as I've never been able to break one of theirs as opposed to Lyman/RCBS and others. Yeah, they did opt out of electronics warranty.....after offering replacements for items bought when that warranty was effective...they replaced my 2000 directly but I sure can't bitch about all the other small items that were free of charge, including powder hoppers!

Boolit Buddy

Have you tried Anazon. Lots od Dillon parts available and many free ship. Ordered decap pins there. Made mistake of putting gravel on my range. Even after tumbling I broke 5 pins 1 week GW

Boolit Buddy

Have you tried Amazon. Lots od Dillon parts available and many free ship. Ordered decap pins there. Made mistake of putting gravel on my range. Even after tumbling I broke 5 pins 1 week GW

Boolit Master
    Dillon warranted the broken pin on the universal decapping die I had, sort of. They sent me the wrong pin and rather than mess with it I just replaced it with the Lee universal decapping die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12