RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon die parts?

Boolit Grand Master

Dillon die parts?

Broke a depriming pin. Have to get the whole lower part, not just a pin like lyman or rcbs. Does anyone make a replacement piece to replace the depriming pin as Dillon calls it, that uses a regular replaceable headed pin? Its for a 223 die.

Thanks

Boolit Master

https://www.dillonprecision.com/s000234 I'm guessing you are looking for something cheaper than this?
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Call Dillon and you will probably get one for free.

Boolit Master

just switch over to FWARMS popper decaper, not cheep, but works a lot better.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't mind buying one from Dillon, just hate to pay $18 shipping for an $8 part

I don't remember paying shipping on Dillon replacement parts.

Mis-rembering? Or has their policy changed?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I don't remember paying shipping on Dillon replacement parts.

Mis-rembering? Or has their policy changed?
    The one thing I’ve had a problem with Dillion. They will NOT warranty their decapping pins. Since the 90s or early 2000s. Bought an RCBS universal decapper and never looked back for military brass.

I even emailed them asking to take it back and give money back. Crickets. I have three Dillon presses and
    Love them. Only one set of Dillon dies. This is why.

I got the same run around.

Boolit Buddy
    If Dillon not warrantying their decapping pins is the worst thing a person can say about the company, life is good.

I order a couple extra whenever I place an order for something else. In my humble opinion Dillon dies are the best.

But, what do I know.

Boolit Master
    Maybe order a couple pins and ask for replacement tips for the primer tubes. You will need them eventually. Saves you shipping on two different orders.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockrat78 View Post
    Yeah, I hate their shipping price structure. I’ve tried to get them to ship me things for free because they are already shipping out warranty parts, but they don’t work like that. Used to have a local dealer, but no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockrat78 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/p/1524530927

Boolit Buddy
    J Morris,

That’s why I converted my Dillon die to take RCBS pins. Can’t remember how I did it but I did. Gave it to a friend that still uses it. I use an RCBS universal now.

As for the person that said that’s the worst thing, I’ve never read where Dillon disclosed this warranty disclaimer so I felt it’s misleading. I know the 1050 doesn’t have a warranty but they should be more upfront about their universal decapping die considering cost of their pins. You can buy 50-100 pins for an RCBS for the cost of a single Dillon pin.

Yeah, I didn’t learn the “no bs” didn’t cover dies until I wore out my first Carbide .223 die (luckily without breaking a decapping pin). They did say I had gotten average life out of it though (120k rounds). The little suckers are not cheap but I do like them, so I did cough of the cash for another, I don’t run through as much ammo these days so this one may last me to the end.

Boolit Master

thanks for that little tidbit jmorris, guess i had better stock a few extra dies now that i automated my 1050
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Yeah, I didn’t learn the “no bs” didn’t cover dies until I wore out my first Carbide .223 die (luckily without breaking a decapping pin). They did say I had gotten average life out of it though (120k rounds). The little suckers are not cheap but I do like them, so I did cough of the cash for another, I don’t run through as much ammo these days so this one may last me to the end.
    120,000 rounds before you fed a case with an off-center primer hole? (or Berden case?) Average? I'd say that average is more than acceptable. If Dillon is talking about die wear.....still, that's a lot of rounds.

From the "cheap" seats, I've just used Lee's universal deprimer.....it slides if it meets Berden. No not a perfect solution. I had to "sand" the pin spinning in a drill to make it less slidable....and I've never deprimed 120K rounds....more like 10K. I prefer to remove the pins from my sizers these days....since I deprime and wet tumble first. Bling is addictive....trumps speed for me.
    Last edited by GWS; 09-09-2022 at 03:52 PM.

RCBS carbide dies are the best imo. Dillon 550b press is super.

Boolit Master
    120k is more than a few, but with lubed brass I would have expected far more. I do have a carbide set, got it in a trade, but haven’t worn out the steel set yet.

Boolit Master
    I’ve got maybe 10k through my Dillon Carbide 223 die to date. Original pin. I did replace the pin in my 9mm carbide die. It hit 4 Berdan cases in one day, the fourth killed it. I now have spares that I ordered when I wanted a couple accessories.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the tip!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    RCBS carbide dies are the best imo. Dillon 550b press is super.
    And they have a lifetime warranty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast