Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powder coating color

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My 45/70 red PCed loads sure look lipsticks. If you don’t want to attract attention, go with clear. I use different colors for different boolit weights. Black if they are black powder loads.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by technojock View Post
    Do you still need gas checks with power coated bullets? I was hoping to not have to use them any more...

Tony
    AKA Geezerbiker
    Depends. Pistol bullets I would venture that you won't see any difference. For higher vel rifle bullets it can.

The problem comes in when you have a bullet designed for GC. If you don't use a GC then you have several surfaces that need to be perfect, the base and the bottom drive band, as well as the GC shank area. The problem is at the muzzle. As the bullet leaves the barrel any flaws in the base area will try to deflect the bullet. If shooting rifle ranges (100yd and up) then any flaws will cause groups to open up.

Plain base bullets do fairly well with just PC up to pretty high vel.

Boolit Master

I enjoy playing around with the colors, especially when I find a blend that will get me something nice like the gray.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colors.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	304215

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mandoair View Post
    Hi. About airsoft bbs. ❓. I found some locally airsoft black 25gm wondering if this is the good stuff❓ Thanks. Attachment 304186
    The color doesn't seem to matter, just that they are the opaque colors, not the shiny translucent colors.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Mold
    Hey y’all. Let’s be clear that I’m not bashing Smoke. He’s got a great product! I just haven’t followed the directions and I am brand spanking new at this.

Fast delivery Smoke!!!!!

Boolit Master

I don't use BBs anymore. Works fine for me without them and I have as high a humidity level as anybody.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I don't use BBs anymore. Works fine for me without them and I have as high a humidity level as anybody.
    I tried the BBs once but didn’t see any difference. PC has always worked well for me, even in a humid environment. I just make sure the powder stays super dry.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just PCd my first run of out .402 group buy HP mold. It's raining here so I figured I wouldn't have that great of coverage. I even used old powder I had sitting it Tupperware wit air soft BBs. I used Smokes powder. First go was traffic purple with black and blue mixed in. I noticed the HP cavities didn't want to have PC stick to them today. I had a few bright specs of bare alloy showing as well. All colors I tried did the same but seemed to flow into the spots but not the HP cavities. Not to worried about the HP areas anyway. I then had some red, Green, and orange mixed from last year or longer. Made a nice brown. I ran out so I dumped some.orange in I had in a another Tupperware tumbling container.

Boolit Bub
    Eastwood Ford Light Blue seems to be the easiest and best coverage for shake and bake for whatever reason.

Boolit Master
    When I ordered from Smoke I asked him to give me the color that works best. He sent me Traffic Purple. Yes, it looks just like lipstick. But dang, I cannot make that stuff not work. I couldn't care less about the color.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	304575

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Tumble coated these a few hours ago. I had to cast up some harder alloy because I had leading in my 10mm with the ones above. It smokes purple with black. Might have added a little blue to…don’t remember. To pretty to shoot!

South Central Alaska. on the north gulf coast
    My first go with powder coating it’s shake n bake blue with bb”s od green without bbs. Have some green loaded up to try��. Mine just ain’t as pertty as yours. Yet. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6B0C92BA-BA71-49D5-8DD7-268EEC0F1F93.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	304598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7F158BD-C253-4C5C-9161-98C6CE4B1723.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	304599

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12