RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Gunbroker payment.

Gunbroker payment.

This is my second time using GunBroker. But I had to it's the only place that seems to have 22 Hornet brass these days. My question is that this seller is asking for a credit card payment on an external website when I think the usual payment is done through gun broker itself. He has a good standing on GunBroker and his website looked legit. I just find that selecting a auction selection with a $0.01 payment in which he will adjust later a little odd. Any of you ever seen this? is it questionable?
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Buddy

Most of my purchases on GunBroker are with USPS money order sent to the seller or in some cases there business. So once they get paid I'm sure they make there payment to GunBroker.

I bought 300 pieces of 22 Hornet 2 years ago off GB. It was offered on there by Ron Reed. It was cheaper on GB than what he had it listed for on his website Reed's Ammo and Research. The payment was sent to his business.

Ok Thats the guy...Its good to hear that he is on the up and up.
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Boolit Master

Except he is screwing Gunbroker if you pay him more than 1 cent. His fee to them is based on sale price.

I have dealt with dealers that don’t use the Gunbroker pay system. Always deal with people with a good feedback history and never had a problem.

Boolit Master
    If they have lots of very good feedback I don't worry.

Boolit Master
    He is avoiding GB fees. You have no recourse if He Screws You out of the items
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    He is avoiding GB fees. You have no recourse if He Screws You out of the items
    I imagine you do through the credit card...
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Surprised gb allows them to post those. They get no fees.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I have dealt with dealers that don’t use the Gunbroker pay system. Always deal with people with a good feedback history and never had a problem.
    I am aware of the GunBroker.com Checkout system. That being said in over 250 purchases I have not found a seller that uses it. Mostly it's USPS money orders or a credit cards directly to the seller.

I loved GB when it first started. When it went to the new format not so much but I still used it. I had not purchased anything in the last year on GB but I found an item that has been hard to find. I paid about $100 more than I wanted but I have been looking for the last 4 years. When I went to pay I discovered that GB now collects tax for most states. That was $92 dollars additional I didn't expect.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by almar View Post
    This is my second time using GunBroker. But I had to it's the only place that seems to have 22 Hornet brass these days. My question is that this seller is asking for a credit card payment on an external website when I think the usual payment is done through gun broker itself. He has a good standing on GunBroker and his website looked legit. I just find that selecting a auction selection with a $0.01 payment in which he will adjust later a little odd. Any of you ever seen this? is it questionable?
    What was the bid that won the auction or buy it now? If it was $0.01 that is highly questionable. If he was using it to open a credit card bill that would be adjusted for actual shipping later that is more legit.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 09-06-2022 at 10:54 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

The auction was not 0.01$, it was like all others on gunbroker. However, the payment was done on an external website where you enter the auction # and you pay with a credit card. The option has an initial charge of 0.01$ that is adjusted later. The guy just sent a shipping notice. I was just being a little weary in unknown waters I guess. Like I said I don’t deal with these sites too often.
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Banned
    I'm a budding collector, mostly buying what I see on DemolitionRanch for now. Who's watching this? It's a great showcase of a bunch of different guns. I recently bought the legendary AK-47 , this is the start of my big journey . I got a wooden house in texas, a horse and a couple of bulls, and a cool hat. This is all fanaticism, so far I only have AK-47

Boolit Buddy
    Almar,

The following doesn't go directly to your question about gunbroker payment, however:

FWIW I have had good success with buying PRVI Partisan ammunition at prices equal to or just above the price of new brass. For instance, I believe I paid on average (several purchases) $45-50 for boxes of 50 rounds. Brass seems to cost around $40/100ct.