7.62 x 54 R Prvi Partizan Brass

I needed some new 7.62 x 54 R brass
    Graff had several choices
    I wanted to order the Lapua brass , but my wallet disagreed

I have never bought new 7.62 x 54 R Prvi Partizan Brass
    Anything I should look out for ?

Thanks
    John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

I use Prvi in many military cartridges, including 7.62x54R, and it works as well as RP, Federal, Winchester, etc.

If your shooting it in a military gun, save the lapua for guns that shoot .5 MOA or less.

Boolit Master
    Use that brass in 7.65x53 Argentine mauser, 7.62x54r Russian, 7.6x55 Swiss and just got some 303 British. Great brass and have no complaints. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Johnch View Post
    I needed some new 7.62 x 54 R brass
    Graff had several choices
    I wanted to order the Lapua brass , but my wallet disagreed

I have never bought new 7.62 x 54 R Prvi Partizan Brass
    Anything I should look out for ?

Thanks
    John
    I use PPU in that caliber and several others. In the 7.62x54R, the only brass I’ve had issues with was Winchester having deep primer pockets so have to be careful when seating primers so they don’t go too deep.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    My friend/neighbor uses it in his Mosin and it seems to work well for him. I used to buy Lapua for my 6.5 Swede, but it was expensive. I can only imagine what they are asking today for 7.62x54R

Boolit Master

It is good dependable brass.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master
    The Serbs make as good as the best. PPU even expanded into US commercial calibers for which there is limited demand - I bought some .303 Savage brass from them.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

Works fine in my Mosin's!

I have yet to have an issue with any PPU product, brass, ammo, etc.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

It`s good brass.
    I have it in several calibers.
    Buy it.

Boolit Master
    Back when Obammy was president i could not get 260remington brass, i could find Lapua but it is an AR10 and slings brass everywhere and I figured it would lose some of it. I bought PPU in 243 and necked up to 260rem. The only thing i noticed that gave me concern was the flash holes are out of center. It seems to shoot as well as others so i have confidence in it. I don't know what rifle you will be shooting it out of but, one of my thoughts on brass is, does this rifle have the potential for accuracy to take advantage of Lapua brass? If it is a surplus M-N maybe not, if its a custom barreled work of art then by all means. Just my two cents use it for what its worth.

I have had Prvi brass in several cartridges / calibers, and found it fine.

Will say that S&B brass has given me surprise in 7x57. The rims (yes, rimless case, still has a rim) were large in OD, and the primer pockets were shallow.
    The S&B primers came back to my attention this January when helping a friend diagnose an ignition issue (hang fires). The S&B Large primers are apparently made to a Pistol cup height spec. The sleeve reads: "Zapalky Primers For Rifle, Pistol or Revolver cartridges 5,3 LRM BOXER". This made sense to me after I was having issue w/ the 7x57 S&B brass I had showing high primers w/ WLR seated.
    I simply recut the primer pockets on my S&B 7x57 brass to the SAAMI spec using a pocket tool from Lyman.
    However, I will bet that S&B makes all their own large pocket brass to fit their own primers, and it likely then ends up shallow for any SAAMI spec LR primer. Why they would not follow a SAAMI spec, and yet sell in the US, I simply do not know, but seems to be the case.

Boolit Master
    I've used the Prvi (PPU headstamp) 303 Savage and 303 British with good results.

Boolit Master
    I have 303 Brit, and 7.62X54 PPU, never a problem. Some of the 303 has been shot many times with cast loads. I have some Winchester for the Russian that I suspect is S&B, brass is ok except the primer pocket as discussed earlier. I will not hesitate to buy Privi brass.

Boolit Master
    Sellier & Bellot is Czech, not Serbian.
    "You will wantonly strike a hornet's nest which extends from mountains to ocean, and legions, now quiet, will swarm out and sting us to death. It is unnecessary; it puts us in the wrong; it is fatal." Robert Toombs, Democrat of Georgia, warning of the results of the imminent attack of the Confederacy upon Fort Sumter in Charleston Harbor, 1861

My point wasn't on S&B being Serbian, it was directed more at notable characteristics of foreign made brass that is recently more available than US manufacturer brass.
    Admittedly, not directly related to OP, but in general related to brass that reloaders may encounter now that they didn't routinely use in years past.

Boolit Master
    I appreciate Prvi for making several calibers of brass that the other brass makers snub, both rifle and handgun.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I don't load that caliber but I have PPU for 6.5 X 50 Japanese - no issues at all and will be buying more.

Great brass. Great customer service. Never hand one fail in any of my rifles.

Boolit Bub
    I've used PPU brass in 7.62x54R and 303 Brit. No problems

Boolit Master

Well my order arrived this morning
    A day early and everything looks perfect

Now I just need to prep the brass
    As I have cast bullets ready to load

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat