Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group Buys Frozen: What does this mean for us?

Boolit Master

Group Buys Frozen: What does this mean for us?

Exactly as the title asks, what does this mean? Can we back out, are they all on hold,are there gonna be no more group buys?

Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

May as well, when the time frame went from a couple months to a couple years or never.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Minerals, that answers none of the questions

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    And we cannot respond to that thread.

Boolit Master
    Sigep- Minerat was likely giving other people background to your post. Either way, group buys are a thing of the past. You don’t have to worry about backing out, because the build & buy has been cancelled. Mold suppliers have been selling out their stock for a few years now, so they have no reason to create new tooling and then sell 100 custom molds at a discount. If the mold makers stop selling out and need money, group buys will return.

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Minerals, that answers none of the questions
    The link gives you as much information as I have. Admin is aware of this thread.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I think it accurate to say that all group buys that have not already been filled have been closed ab initio, from their beginning, as if they never existed. Not frozen, not on hold, gone. At least that’s how I read it.

Boolit Master
    Thank you all. This clears up some confusion I had. Minerat, I meant no disrespect. I am out of the country and the wifi is spotty in areas. I was trying to conserve my words!

Moderator Emeritus

So no more surprise invoices and questionable application of a group buy discount? Works for me. Saves me the trouble of canceling them as they have been going on for so long now.

It a combination of things. Supply issues, well IDK, I have seen everything turn to "take what you get" in my industry. Labor issues suck, no one wants to show up. The group buys here arent the mold makers only group buys, there are other forums generating orders, NOE has their own forum. And with the world in chaos in some regions I imagine molds arent a priority if there are other contracted parts that need to be made.
    All in all I took "frozen" to represent, no new activity, until the current backlogs are sorted, wether sorted means dropped cancelled or produced. It does seem to me all the eggs are in one basket and thats never a good thing.
    Hopefully it will sort itself out and we can resume our regularly scheduled programming.

Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    Thank you all. This clears up some confusion I had. Minerat, I meant no disrespect. I am out of the country and the wifi is spotty in areas. I was trying to conserve my words!
    No offense taken. I understand everyone's confusion so wanted to let anyone who sees this thread that we are all in the same boat.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Yep, no sweat off my back waiting a couple years for a mold anymore. I did ask about the discount that wasn’t given and the thread got locked shortly after. I remembered my 285 grain HP 450 BM mold that I bought for the same price. It was around $81 shipped with discount and free shipping… or included it at the time. The response I got from Mia the other morning was that the Fed Ex shipping cost him $30 so (in his opinion) not charging for shipping (this time around) was my discount. I did send another message and didn’t get a response. I DID get a confirmation of a future Fed EX delivery comming this Thursday. So if that’s my mold already in impressed with Fed Ex. Didn’t know they were in other counties. Hopefully Mia is doing OK. I looked on the map and saw they are on the border of Ukraine. I figured between the discount not given and extremely long wait times it was time to get rid of group buys. Which expansion why the moderators call it and froze all the current buys. I can’t blame them. You would think with the reviews we post on the their molds and boolits the mold companies would be a little faster and would give us the promised discounts. IMO we are their best salespeople. Oh well, guess not in their eyes.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-06-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    When I had a custom revolver built more quickly than the custom (group buy) mould I ordered at the same time, I started to rethink the whole concept of group buys. With the various custom and semi-custom moulds available from several makers, I’ll just order direct. I’m too old to wait for a mould coming at some nebulous future time. I like my NOE and MP group buy moulds, but any savings I might get in a group buy is not worth the wait. I’ll just “bite the bullet” and order what I want… if I don’t already have it.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Got my 10mm mold today from MP. Fed ex did a number on the box but the mold looks great as always. No lube was included this time around. Think I have some left from the last mold he sent. The group buy on it started in 2019 for it. Glad I signed up only a few months ago for it because I wouldn’t have waited a few birthdays for production.

Boolit Master
    I for one say good riddance.

I've been in on group buys since the Lee days and received some nice molds. The Noe days I received nice molds. The last two group buy molds I received totally worthless molds like everyone else in the buy. One made good on his error the last one is telling all of us to eat it. Its only good for a bank line sinker.

Do business with the reputable guys if you are serious about cast bullets. Saves your money and wear and tear on your nerves.

I will miss the MP group Buys, They take fore ever!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master

Non, Exnay, nyte what more can be explained

Make your own spec and purchase from the vendor

ADMIN

I haven't heard anything from Miha concerning his plan.
    As far as those receiving their 10MM group buy molds, it was still showing as "ACTIVE" when it was locked.
    Lack of communication is the reason the active group buys were locked in the first place.
    Nothing being produced, no word on when they were going to be produced.
    The group buys will come back once Miha contacts me concerning them.

Thank you HATCH for the clarifications. Communication is always the key to sucess, no matter the topics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast