Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Winchester 94 rifle

Winchester 94 rifle

problem with my 1967 Canadian centennial model 94 - if i load magazine + fire one shot i cannot top off magazine because loading gate is blocked + will not open - any cure for this condition ? - other 94's i had never had this problem - thanks in advance for any suggestions -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

The Winchester 94 has a downward-pointing finger at the front/bottom of the cartridge lifter that stops cartridges from exiting the magazine tube while the lifter is in the up position, feeding a cartridge.

That finger can be either made slightly out of spec shorter, or worn down a tad shorter - which allows the next cartridge in the magazine to exit under the lifter.

The least expensive and quickest fix is to elongate the existing stop finger via building it up with weld & filing down to fit; or swedging the finger to a longer length, also filing & fitting it - either of which is done with baby steps. ( re-install altered lifter & test cycling)

During the feeding tests;

If the next cartridge in the magazine pops under the lifter when it's "up", add more length to the stop finger
    If the next cartridge will not exit the magazine when the lifter is "up". file the tip od the finger a tad shorter.
    Repeat as req'd.......

Welding will require lifter removal for the work; but swedging only requires the front of the lower link dropped down enough for the lifter nose to drop out of the receiver bottom enough for swedging.

I swedge it by supporting one side of the finger on a steel block and applying heavy hammer blows to the opposite side of the finger through the use of a steel drift pin.

This is how the welding method is done: http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.co...rrier-jam.html
    Last edited by pietro; 09-06-2022 at 09:09 AM.
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

thank you -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin