WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Help on a Winchester Model 59 (Win-Lite) Shotgun

Moderator Emeritus

Help on a Winchester Model 59 (Win-Lite) Shotgun

My little brother inherited a Model 59 from his late father in law. It was not well cared for and I am looking for a gunsmith that can go over it and see if it is worth salvaging. If it is he wants to give it to one of his sons. The bolt only partially open and what little I can find on this shotgun is a little more than I would be comfortable in stripping it down. So if ya have any ideas or know a gunsmith that works on them please give me a pm or a post. Thanks in advance. Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Many years ago I used an gunsmithing firm in Kansas call Simmons Gusmiths. They did reallynice work for me a few times. One time repairing a really nice side by side 12 gauge that the barrels separated on me during a skeet match. They redid the barrels and regulated them to hit for me at 24 yards (as I asked them). The gun is still working like a champ and hitting to point of aim over 30 years later. They were not cheap even back then but did excellent work (for me at least).., james

Boolit Buddy
    +1 for Simmons Gun Specialties. May still be in Olathe, KS. They restored a pre-war Winchester Mdl 42 for me and added a rib. The re-bluing and wood finish made the gun look like factory new.

That is a nice gun. I have one that has had MAYBE 1 box of shells shot through it. In other words, it's 100%. It was my dads and he never shot it! I'm the only one who ever pulled the trigger on it. Came from a Winchester guy. It feels funny, the first time you shoot it as the action is really kind of slow in functioning but there is absolutely NO felt recoil, at least to me. Mike.