RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a reasonably priced online lead source

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by kenk View Post
    Greetings from Minnesota,
    I’ve been scouring the internet for reasonable deals on lead with little success. First and foremost, what is an acceptable online price per pound? And secondly, are there any outfits that anyone knows of that offer constantly high quality lead at a reasonable price? I haven’t had a chance to hit up the local scrapyards or service stations for wheel weights yet, but would just like to have some on hand as soon as possible, as I’m just getting started with casting. Also, I see all kinds of lead on places like eBay, but once again, the prices are all over the map.
    Thanks in advance
    Did you find any yet?
    How close are you to Hudson WI?
    I just seen a Facebook post on the castboolits "group" from a guy that wants to giveaway all his lead, as he is going to Korea.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Sent Pm.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    I bought soft lead from The Capitan several years ago and consider her an outstanding person to deal with.

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I cannot find any posts by The Capitan in the swap section.

Galena Guru

Still a scrapper , always will I guess , just a cheepo , down to a couple hundred pounds of WW and maybe twenty pounds of Babbit and a box full of lino and a bucket of WW I have to sort thru .. Only issue I have is all my boolits are heavy ..
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerhood View Post
    Not sure what I am doing wrong but I cannot find any posts by The Capitan in the swap section.
    Try searching on the username TheCaptain
    Last edited by kevin c; 10-11-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/for...27-The-Captain

Located in the sponsored vendors The Captin is a great seller of this community. She currently only selling range reclaimed lead which has become the new CWW and is great for most Handgun caliber boolits as is. If your looking for softer you can always add pure lead to it. PC helps but only so much but for higher pressure and velocity you will have to harden the lead a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ascast View Post
    "How much is too much" is up to you. You might keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace. A lot of scoundrels selling at $3,-BUT once in awhile you see some body that has several hundred pound for $! pound or less. Same is true of Craigslist. It is a hit and miss thing.
    I'm also in MN and have had some luck with this. A couple years ago I got 500-600lbs of wheel weights for $200 if I recall correctly.

I have seen some other lead come up on FB and CL since that I have passed on.

Boolit Master
    Hey kenk. Nice seeing you here!

I don't have any advice to add beyond the excellent feedback already in this thread. For me it was just a matter of letting my friends know I was in the market. Before long one of my friends who I didn't know worked "lead adjacent" hooked me up.

I had very poor luck with tire shops here. Once when buying tires I asked and they gave me two boxes of brand new SOWW. Not sure it I bought tires and got free lead or if I bought very expensive lead and got free tires Other than that all the shops already had a guy. However, population density in the mountain west is much lower and guys that cast bullets is higher per capita so I don't live in a "target rich" environment per se. I fear in Minnesota you may be competing with guys that cast fishing luress and weights.
    My isotope lead page: http://fellingfamily.net/isolead/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12