WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladle...?

Ladle...?

Just picked a ladle...smaller one has a number 2 on it. The interesting part is , it has a separation plate about two thirds across the cup, with holes cut near the bottom, pretty cool, it only takes the lead from the bottom, and put it on the other side of the plate...pre filtered ! Never seen one before. Has anyone else.
    Cheers
    Brian

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I've got a couple of those, work OK. I don't ladle cast so they aren't used much at all.

Similar inside...but with a wall about 2/3 across the inside of the cup....holes at the bottom of the wall to let lead pour through...and leave the scum behind! I could take a pic...but then I'd have to figure out how to...
    Anyways it has a cast cup and a steel handle. Pretty cool. Bought 2 at a flee market today..$18 dollar Canadian...so like $ 14 US lol. I can send you a pic, just pm me.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnbrian View Post
    Similar inside...but with a wall about 2/3 across the inside of the cup....holes at the bottom of the wall to let lead pour through...and leave the scum behind! I could take a pic...but then I'd have to figure out how to...
    Anyways it has a cast cup and a steel handle. Pretty cool. Bought 2 at a flee market today..$18 dollar Canadian...so like $ 14 US lol. I can send you a pic, just pm me.
    The Rowell is the only one of that type I have seen that was commercially available. Pics would be greatly appreciated.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Yep...don't know how...but can email or text..lol
    Found a couple of number on it...someone has painted ....gold...lol
    Number are...I think, 108-1....or 408-4 and on another row it 5483-4...the 3..could be a 2...it's partially covered with a rivet.
    Last edited by Quinnbrian; 09-03-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnbrian View Post
    Yep...don't know how...but can email or text..lol
    PM sent with email address and phone number. I can post it for you if you want.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Just found it! One on ebay...craftsman 5436 lead casting/melting ladle. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    PM sent with email address and phone number. I can post it for you if you want.
    Sent you a couple of pics to your phone.
    Thanks again!

Boolit Grand Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	303926

Name:	s-l1600 (4).jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	303927

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	303928

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

ID:	303926

Yes sir! That would be the one! Never seen one before, I think the add I seen ...somewhere said...melt on one side...pour on the other...still pretty cool, and at 78.59 ...on ebay, I'm guessing it'll be a good score.
    Cheers
    Brian

Boolit Master
    I have one of those too, and they are really nice for cleaning the trash out of the melt. Just dip the dross on the right half, tilt and let the alloy run out the left size and dump the dross in the can. I still like the rowell ladle if pouring ingots because it just is a little cleaner unless you tip it too far.

Boolit Blub Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    I have one of those too, and they are really nice for cleaning the trash out of the melt. Just dip the dross on the right half, tilt and let the alloy run out the left size and dump the dross in the can. I still like the rowell ladle if pouring ingots because it just is a little cleaner unless you tip it too far.
    I like this idea. I hate the lead that is lost getting out the dross. This sounds like a good way to minimize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bannister View Post
    Thats what i was thinking too, it came with another on,...ladle that his... size is about 1/2-3/4 of a cup, so would be good for pouring lead bars.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska

ID:	303926l

Soo how does that divider work?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Soo how does that divider work?
    I don't have a clue. I just posted the pics for the OP'er, but it should hold back anything floating on the top providing you don't pour it empty. Same principle as the Rowell just a different design.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

If you look closely at the first pic, you'll notice small notches at the bottom of the baffle. The lead comes from the bottom of the ladle, and the baffle holds back the dross.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Buddy
    Inhave a bottom pour ladle for making ingots. Holds 25 # of molten lead.

Boolit Grand Master
    My personal opinion is that these types of ladles were commonly used for pouring babbit bearings, not boolits.

Robert

Post #10 is like mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20220904-215550_Chrome.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast