WidenersLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Gun Show in Raleigh Today 9/3

Boolit Master

Gun Show in Raleigh Today 9/3

I guess I did good. Went looking for small pistol primers and Shooter's World Precision rifle powder. Didn't find the powder and the primers were $95 for the low and $170 for the high. Most were $140-160.

Saw Norma Tac-22 for sale front to back by the 500 brick. Prices were $60-80 and CCI SV was $10 cheaper. Until I got to the back row. Father and son ammo outfit from Va. had bricks for $40 and 4 on the table. I asked the son if cash did better. He said only if I buy a case for cash. $390. I told him I wanted to finish the rest of the folks in the row and "I'd be back". Retired husband and wife near the end had BR equipment and supplies from their younger days. Lots of LE Wilson when 222 Rem and the new fangled 6mmPPC got going. Passed on the neck turning stuff from Sinclair. Two Marguart style tuners for rough and finish with all the expanders and pilots and other necessities for $120. I got plenty of K&M stuff. He had a Wilson deluxe case trimmer setup minus the micrometer plus 3 case holders for $20. I've used my RCBS collett trimmer since the beginning of time. Nice price to get into an improved case trimmer setup.

I had to pay $10 to get in. So, I didn't find the stuff I went for but did find ammo for the 22 rifles and pistols that they like and another reloading tool that's better than the old standby for $420. That's cheaper than buying CCI SV by the box at Wally World

Boolit Grand Master

Ive never had luck with C&E so stopped going
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Yeah...but did you go back and buy the case of .22s?

DG

Boolit Master
    With internet prices for SPP as low as 8.4 cents each delivered (https://krarmory.com/small-pistol-pr...brass-cup.html), it does not make much sense to pay gun show prices for now.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Yeah...but did you go back and buy the case of .22s?

DG
    Oh yeah. Left the case and case trimmer there. Hiked the half mile to my truck and pulled into the fairgrounds complex. Pulled up to the backside of the Expo building and knocked on the door. The son carried the stuff to the truck. Don't get much better than that.

Fairgrounds was busy this weekend. Dog show, jewelry show, flea market and equestrian exchange.

I don't normally attend C&E shows but supplies seemed to be hitting some of the stores locally (still kinda high) so I thought I'd take a look. Nobody local has Shooter's World Precision or shotgun primers. I haven't been to the flea market all summer. Today was opening day of dove season but nothing around the house this morning. Past 2-3 weeks I scare them up off the paths around the farm going and coming. Today, NOTHING. The fella that rents the pasture decided to mow EVERYTHING. He just got released by his doctor after having one carotid routed out and has been on a mowing binge. I didn't have the heart to stop him. I'll have critters to hunt from now till the end of February. He's having fun riding his Kubota.

Boolit Master
    It's been 10 years since I've been to the Raleigh Gun Show. A lot was going on and it was a madhouse, I did buy a Springfield 1911 while there. There is a C & E show this weekend in Hickory. My cousin called and wanted me to go with him, haven't been to one in a while so I'll most likely go.

I used to go to the gun show in Greensboro, NC. Last time Ringling Bros was on one level and the gun show on the other. Not sure who had the most clowns, haven't been back.

I was at Palmetto Armory in Denver, NC a couple weeks ago. I don't remember which flavor but they had Norma 22 ammo for $3.99 a box.

Boolit Master

It's nice that you still have some smaller private sellers. The gun show here in Fort Myers has pretty much been taken over by Shoot Straight and they pretty much locked out all small private tables.