Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Repackbox

Thread: 2022 A Quiet Hurricane Season To Date

Boolit Master

2022 A Quiet Hurricane Season To Date

Hurricane season runs from 1 June to 30 November. Climate change activists have predicted more and more severe hurricanes if we don't act now to reduce man made effects on climate. Last year the naming cycle went through the whole alphabet and started over. Activists spoke loud and often about the need to reduce human influence on the climate. This year, at the half way point, D and E are in play.
    I wonder why last year's activists haven't started bragging on how effective their efforts were?
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Well I'm glad that whole climate change thing is over !!!!!!

Boolit Master
    La Nina suppressed the Atlantic in early summer and that has broken down now - so we will see what the rest of the year brings. I would be perfectly happy if none develop but I suspect there will be a few.

Boolit Master

Don't jinx us. We still have a few months to go.

Now can we get back to stressing out over global cooling like we did in the 70s?
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master

Go wash your mouth out with soap! Some things shouldn’t be said aloud. Seriously, very grateful for the quiet season so far.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    La Nina faded some early in the summer but is now making a limited (so far) comeback. A La Nina is the appearance of cooler than normal ocean surface temperatures on the Equator of the Pacific and drives a lot of the global climate. The recent La Nina was in place for over two years and was the most powerful on record in 2021. La Nina's usually coincide with extreme drought in Southwest of the U.S. This comeback of the last three weeks hopefully will fade again but the Pacific Ocean is in charge, not us.

Boolit Master

Lived in Florida 44 years and the worst Hurricane I was ever in was in the Mediterranean Sea.

Boolit Grand Master

And Sept. 10 is the height of the season and not here yet. A little early to be predicting.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Did you see the article on Epic times? ZERO named storms from July 3rd through Aug 30th . First time in 80 years. There is no global warming... Nor man made climate change.

Celebrate after not before. Believe me, celebrating before is never a good idea.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    Celebrate after not before. Believe me, celebrating before is never a good idea.

Went though Fredrick 43 years ago; wife we 9 months pregnant. Good times. After that always keep my fingers crossed.

Boolit Master
    Delete this thread before Mother Nature sees it!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Agree!^^^^^^^

Boolit Master

Thanks a lot I will be in Florida in October now you jinxed me !
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Well William Yanda You went and did it Saturday Morning I was supposed to be in Fort Myers Beach Fl. looks like it is under water now!
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Delete this thread before Mother Nature sees it!
    Too late!

Vendor Sponsor

I went out and had a smoke in the eye of Camille, 1/4mi from the gulf coast in Mississippi.. Birds chirping, stars in the sky, not a SOUND other than the birds! I sat still on the steps and watched as a plume of smoke from my Marlboro rose unwavering and undisturbed almost 4 feet in the still air and deathly silence.

Slowly but forcefully the back side of the eye wall approached, the trees across the street on the edge of the sidewalk unmoving, trees ten feet farther behind them were being bent to touching the ground. I stood up to go back in the house, and suddenly out of nowhere the wind nearly ripped the screen door out of my hand and tried to suck me out into the yard but I made it inside as the deafening roar came fully upon our property.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Rained most of yesterday and last night. Drainage lake rose a foot as a result. Been getting TS force winds since around 9pm but hasn’t rained since this AM.