RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision

Thread: Good AR Day at the Range

Boolit Master

Good AR Day at the Range

The range I shoot the most takes your drivers license at check in and puts it in the slot for the bench/lane you are assigned and you get it back at checkout. In 15 years I never had a problem until last month. I got called to the office. I never get called to the office. It seems they gave my license to someone else but they had someone going to get it and here is a Gift Card for Range Time for your trouble.

The range has been closed for 3 weeks. This was the first day it was open and the Last Day of Free Range Time so I wanted to make the most of it. I brought 2 uppers and the chronograph. The 223 Wylde is a Radical Firearms heavy stainless barreled upper with M-Lok handguard on sale for $200 with an $80 Andersen BCG and $12 charging handle topped with a $160 Primary Arms 1X-20 prism. I had rough sighted it but from 50 yards it looked like I tagged all 4 corners of the target. Accurate enough to chronograph though so I set that up. The 55g FMJBTs were going 2700 fps but the 350 Legend was what I wanted most and switched to that. The 200g RCBS clone ran 1980 fps with an SD of 10 over 23g of 11FS and a mag primer, slightly faster than book and the groups were tighter than last trip. The Hornady 170SP ran slower than book (2300) at 2211 and the 2400 loads under the 200g RCBS ran 1850 fps.

So work done I walked out to the target and upper left side in the cardboard above the target is a perfect MOA group of 22 cal holes and I was ready to look for a new barrel. I walked the group down and once I got close I shot a 2nd mag to see how it grouped. I'm very happy with the upper and the sight. I can't use Red Dots with my eyes. I was surprised how accurate I could be with the 1X PA illuminated prism compared to My shooting with a Red Dot.

I finished off all the 350L ammo and packed up, a very good day! I checked out, the rangemaster punched my gift card and said Last One and gave my license back. I was putting all the stuff in the truck and thought I really should look. Nope, it wasn't my face on the license. Rangemaster didn't say a word, just handed me a gift card and I got to hang out and look at everyone else's guns while I waited for my license.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 223bargan.jpg  
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    3 for 3

Boolit Grand Master

You would think checking the picture when you take the license and when you hand it back would be day one training.

Other than that, congratulations on a good day shooting.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

i know its commiefornia but maybe they should employ some actual qualified rangemasters with a functioning brain instead of a gender studies major that also works part time at a starbucks

Boolit Grand Master
    Nice shooting.
    They really gave your license to someone else??

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Nice shooting.
    They really gave your license to someone else??

Shiloh
    Yep!

They know my name without looking, I built the range safety lights. Still that's quite a process to get me some range time.

The rangemaster might be 25 years old, is honest and has a good work ethic. It might be a Freudian slip. We had a much more experience ex-marine who was awesome but couldn't get along with the County. They are happier with someone they can control but he is a good kid!
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 09-04-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Hmmm, I’ve shot at a lot of ranges in my life but never heard of such a system. Seems like a goofy way to do things. As absent minded as I am I’d probably leave and forget my license and not even notice it for so long I’d have no clue where the heck it is. LOL.

That's really odd. The system itself is problematic. Why can' you have your license with you while you're on the range? Leaving your license out of your sight is a great way for people to steal your identity. And, of course, if they hand it to someone else and THEY take it off site, that person could steal your identity too.

Taking and holding your license is bad policy.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Sorry, I'll not give my DL to anyone other than to look at and give back. Ignorant system as you have found out. Zero reason for it. If they want to sign you in, then sign you in.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk