Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPS Caves

Boolit Master

UPS Caves

https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/sh.../firearms.page
    They followed FedEx and will no longer allow non FFL holders to ship firearms or parts of firearms.
    Only legal way for a non FFL holder to mail a handgun now is thru a FFL dealer.

Going to make warranty work and customization very difficult.
    East Tennessee

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've always used USPS.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

USPS has always required the involvement of an FFL on both the shipping and receiving end whenever pistols are involved. I don't know if that was the situation at UPS or not. What I do know is that both FedEx and UPS have changed their policies to require FFL involvement for ANY firearm shipment. I'll be surprised if USPS doesn't follow suit soon.

It won't make shipping a firearm impossible, but it will be more expensive and complicated.

Edit to add - my comment regarding USPS and pistols was related to sales. I have no experience with pistols for warranty work.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 09-02-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Boolit Master

In the past I’ve received a pistol directly delivered to my home by UPS, when the pistol was being returned from the manufacturer after a warranty repair. I did have to sign for it. The UPS driver said the shipment was allowed because the pistol was mine and I hadn’t given up possession, only sent it for repair. As I recall the manufacturer sent me a shipping label to affix to the boxed pistol prior to dropping it off at the UPS facility.

Boolit Master
    interesting, how I was in gun shop yesterday while UPS man was there and he was acting kind of sheepishly while the shop owner and I were having discussion about the shipping firearms and hazmat items.

Boolit Master
    Demorats will do anything and everything to keep guns and ammo out orf the peoples hands,
    to protect their power base!

I don't think fedex has changed anything. It was UPS that shut off brownells.... but everything I've received in past year has been by FedEx.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I sent my .22 "victory" S&W for warranty work. Got it back yesterday and I did not even have to sign for it even though they said it would require a signature. All the driver said was "have a nice day" !

I'm wrong, fedex is only allowing ffl to ship.. now back to manufacturer is them not you and is allowed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

So does this mean I can’t ship long guns to myself for a hunt out of state via ups or fedex?

Boolit Master
    Gutless +urd$...
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    . . . . and anybody can just walk across our southern border and the drugs just keep pouring in . . . .

yep . . . makes perfect sense to me . . . . restrict the freedoms of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS . . .

a little off topic, but do you need a special permit or paperwork to ship politicians anywhere but here?

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    . . . . and anybody can just walk across our southern border and the drugs just keep pouring in . . . .

yep . . . makes perfect sense to me . . . . restrict the freedoms of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS . . .

a little off topic, but do you need a special permit or paperwork to ship politicians anywhere but here?
    All it takes is for the Clintons to decide they're nervous and most anyone will turn up dead or missing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    So does this mean I can’t ship long guns to myself for a hunt out of state via ups or fedex?
    Correct, unless you are a FFL dealer. But you can still do it thru USPS.
    East Tennessee

States: “Labeling, including the shipper's and consignee's abbreviated names on the shipping label or air shipping document, must be non-descriptive.”

…so FFLs will need to at least abbreviate their names to remove ‘gun’, ‘firearm’, and the like.

Boolit Master

It's just history repeating itself: Read Chapter 19 in Philip Sharpe "Complete guide to Handloading". The Trains before 1936 would not move smokeless powder, so trying to get powder was almost impossible.

Boolit Master

I bet this has mostly to do with curbing internal gun theft.

Waiting on all the folks to come by... "nuh-uh! UPS isn't doing any of that!"

Boolit Master

And UPS will not accept greenbacks to ship anything. Required to use a credit card ! The world keeps changing - and I don't like it !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    I bet this has mostly to do with curbing internal gun theft.
    Your answer is probably closer to the truth then any other one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast