Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: .43 Mauser Dominion -- ballon head

Boolit Master

.43 Mauser Dominion -- ballon head

Excellent thread on this issue:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...er-11mm-Mauser

After reading in this forum about Dominion brass in .43 Mauser and since I took delivery of a 71/84 in the last couple weeks to include all the supplies to load this caliber..... including a bunch of Dominion cases... Pretty sure most everybody who has experience with this caliber already knows about this brass but for those who don't....

Also read something about these being ~cast~ and by cracky there looks to be casting voids on the headstamp area.

Fortunately, I have 40 pcs of Bertram brass and 40 pcs of Bell Basic Mauser base and about 35 pcs of Starline .45-90 converted with modified rim. I think I'm safe from using the Dominion cases.

Last edited by Dutchman; 09-02-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post

After reading in this forum about Dominion brass in .43 Mauser and since I took delivery of a 71/84 in the last couple weeks to include all the supplies to load this caliber..... including a bunch of Dominion cases... Pretty sure most everybody who has experience with this caliber already knows about this brass but for those who don't....

Also read something about these being ~cast~ and by cracky there looks to be casting voids on the headstamp area.

Fortunately, I have 40 pcs of Bertram brass and 40 pcs of Bell Basic Mauser base and about 35 pcs of Starline .45-90 converted with modified rim. I think I'm safe from using the Dominion cases.

whats the actual problem with this brass ?

I shot dominion 44/40 brass a lot of years - similar head configuration - had zero problems with it - just curious if this is actual or imagined?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    whats the actual problem with this brass ?

I shot dominion 44/40 brass a lot of years - similar head configuration - had zero problems with it - just curious if this is actual or imagined?

Boolit Master
    I didnt read it all but the message seems to be that these are counterfeit brass coming out of some backyard in pakistan or similar

When I started reloading for 92 winchesters almost 50 years ago Dominion brand was hands down my first choice for the "dash" calibres - 32, 38, 44 WCF --- ahead of RP , Winchester and Sako - I still had about 30 of those old Canadian cases in service a couple years ago but weeded them out when I was given several hundred twice fired Winchester and Remington by a friend who was converting to all starline .
    Dont ever remember an in gun failure with Dominion but most times I reload I will toss one or two remington cases with longitudinal body splits - (not dangerous just wasteful!)

Boolit Master
    I have been using Dominion 43 mauser Brass for years. Smokeless and BP. never a problem
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

I think it is just big calibers like 43 Mauser. They can get pretty thin. It’s always in the head isn’t it.