Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: W. Richard dbl, sxs hammer shotgun.

Boolit Master

W. Richard dbl, sxs hammer shotgun.

I have a W. RICHARD under lever break open DBL, SXS. shot gun. after shooting black powder hulls in it how do I disassemble it to clean it after shooting it? any and all help will be apreciated. it does not have a wooden pull off forearm on it. it swings to the side to break it open.

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    pietro, I went there and it does not show how to disassemble it for cleaning after shooting black powder hulls in it, as I asked. thanks" any way. toot.

I'm quite sure the small forearm is held by a single screw, accessible when the lever is moved to the side.

Some guns has an extra small lever above the main lever, which move to the other side for disassembly. Other guns will have the forearm secured by a wedge.
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Master
    it has no wedge in it. I have some that have a wedge like the DBL muzzle loading ones. I will see if it has a single screw that holds it in place. you would think that GOOGLE SEARCH would have BOCOU, info on how to remove it ?

Boolit Master
    I see no small screw when the lever is levered to the side? if no info can be found I will have to clean it in SITU! I don't want to do it this way, black powder residue will go into all of the internal parts, and hard to remove.

I found this picture on the web. It sure looks as if there's a screw holding the forearm.

Could the kerf be clogged or something on your gun? Perhaps welded in place by Bubba? (GASP!!)

Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Master
    Cap'n Morgan, thank you so much for the great close up pictures of the under leaver. the screw was frozen up after manty yrs. of grime & crud. after a good soaking of BLASTER and heat it came out. so no BUBBA thank GOD! what is a KERF, never herd of that? thanks for coming to my aid. toot.

Toot: Kerf is the width of a saw cut, which is usually slightly wider than the saw blade that made the cut.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    RANDY, thank you for responding to my question. some things we just don' know? now I know the rest of the story.