Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Doing much out of little

Boolit Buddy

Doing much out of little

Got bored awaiting the new Reximex Throne Gen 2, the Artemis M-60 and the Kral NS-60... saw this small add for a lowly Co2 Artemis CP-2 and... lightbulb atop my head lit.

Actual gun was new, while dirt cheap. Nothing to lose here.. Idea was to convert it to PCP right off.
    Having done a few of Artemis/Dianas simpler rifles previous.. sure.

Right. So Co2 out as i needed to fabricate a tank didnīt i. Measured tossed and turned, when cut was made squared the surfaces up on the lathe.

No. No i do not need a lecture on making myself a pipe bomb.. Know perfectly well what iīm getting into here, seamless high pressure tubing, threaded ends TIG welded in place and so forth.
    Anyways. Seeing the proximity between the actual barrel and the tank coupled with that i wanted a tank of ample proportions that brought drilling a 22mm hole offset for the end to attach to the stock steel tube retaining the valve, trigger group etc.

Now. Thing here is that before i set out i ported the stock job to hand me approx 30J off of the Co2 cartridge!
    Yeah. Cartridge didnīt last for long, but none the less... In doing so i came to realize how extremely light this "skeleton" gun is, to the point that even for a basically recoil less PCP.. the thing jumped around upon firing.
    That said the steel tank still weighs right, so goofed around a bit on placement. Where i wanted it to hand me a decent neutral balance point.
    So nope.. not like the pic here.

As much as i gather most are unaware of the CP-2 most are familiar with the just as dirt cheap Artemis PR-900. Or Diana Stormrider to some.
    Whatever, the point is that the working innards of them are exactly the same. To the letter.

Boolit Buddy

So in essence aside from the obvious i ran a hole for a Foster fitting and in turn a "service hole" to be able to run the valve out of the smaller of the two tubes now welded together.
    Stock, out of plastic obviously, i just cut back and TBH.. didnīt turn out half bad IMO.

These are cheap guns, and of course it shows here n there. The valve body.. like made out of reclaimed Coke cans from far east Asia. DAAAYYUM that material is rubbish! Falls apart in front of you by just manhandling it. So. Digged through the material bin and came up with a chunk of Alumec. Compare - Titanium grade 6 approx. I mean.. if youīre to pull an overkill, do it for REAL!

In doing so i reevaluated valve seat angles, placement, poppet design and so forth. Got me a PR-900 too (highly modified as well) so did two of them while at it.

Uhu. Made me a moderator for it, always a plus with PCPīs to keep them backyard friendly no matter power level, and welded in a bracket for a picatinny rail to mount a bi-pod and what not. To be honest i find it downright HARD to take pictures of this there skeleton piece. It kind of disappears no matter what.
    Anyways.
    At this rate i had me a small keen little 22cal that spat 25,4 pills downrange at approx 1040fps. Not to shabby! In turn weighs in at 3kg, including the massive scope!

Yeah. Of course like ALL these cheap, earlier, Artemis CPs and PRīs the bolt handle broke off. Turned a fresh one in a jiffy on way greater dimensions out of steel on the lathe, making sure the M4 thread where it bolts up to the gun had a serious flange to take most of the stress off of the actual thread. in short that flange mates up with the bolt and thus prevents the handle from "rocking" on its seat.

Boolit Buddy

Guess you canīt have īem all, but truth be told the only thing i feel it lacking..? I REALLY wish itīd been a side lever action. As i upped hammer spring more and more i finally caved in and welded a handle to the direct rear of the bolt, taking stress off of the bolt handle on the side. Made cocking effort WAY easier.

Yeah. The bracket for the bi-pod, the Foster fitting and in turn service port.

Where weīre at this is a rather sturdy, in spite its looks, little "truck gun" with pests in mind. Now that itīs done, fast little project on the side, all i want to do to it more is add a night vision scope to it. Like a Pard NV-008 or similar.
    Very compact. Spits lead at wish at approx 85 Joules (62fps) and due the now 300cc air tank.. that actually lasts a little while.
    Nah.
    Cool little project, fast to do and to the point. Proving that not ALL of it has to be high dollar high tech if you just have a little know how.

Oh! Btw. The actual "shoulder" bit of the stock can be removed, making the thing a very long barrel pistol. Not that iīd ever use it such seeing the 450mm long barrel, and in turn steel tank with all that brings, but it CAN be made into a pistol at least.

The actual starter kit there ran me approx 100$ factory fresh.

Boolit Master
    Real nice job >> is it still co2, or converted to air ??

Boolit Buddy
    Itīs a full fledged PCP gun.
    In other words 250 bar of air.

Boolit Master

Very nice work.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master
    You do amazing work. Always enjoy your posts!
    Don Verna

I want one