Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rossi model 92 44mag Pro's & con's

I currently haz a throbbing lump, surrounded by an angry contusion, that I bet Quincy could match up to the steel plate on mine….

Oh… did I mention…. I also haz a pad coming? Lmao
    Just because it’s a bad idea…
    …. Doesn’t mean it won’t be a good time !

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by mnewcomb59 View Post
    Rossis still have factory support. Any JM or Remington Marlin is completely without factory warranty now with no parts available yet from Ruger for most models. My 1894's forearm nearly fell off on my last range trim and it needs a forearm tenon and I found out last week I have no warranty and the part is not being made.

I bought this junky Remlin after having mixed, but overall good results and service from 4 different Rossis. I had to do some warranty work on a few Rossis and it took about a month or two each time, so I thought I would be better off getting American made. HA! That was three or four years ago an now the American company left me with NO warranty or factory support. Ruger did a sneaky move buying Marlins IP but not any of their obligations or debts.
    I don't believe any buy out would take on a debt or warranty from a previous owner .I am glad we still have a Marlin around and will be buying one in 45 colt when available jmo

Boolit Buddy
    Love mine. Only complaint is that it's a top eject, so mounting a scope is a pain. Had a marlin, but the bore was so oversized, even cast at .432, wouldn't shoot well. Next one I get will be a Henry, but I've got no complaints about the Rossi except as mentioned above. Shoots great and didn't break my wallet.

When I said my .44 magnum Rossi had some issues, I should clarify.
    The stock had the nasty stain that comes off on your hands and face.
    I removed it with Easy-Off oven cleaner and when dry I rubbed it down with boiled linseed oil.
    The action was a little rough but gets better with use.
    I bought a little flip up ladder sight for it, but the dovetail slot is some weird size too large for it.
    Other than it is fine.
    The .357 Rossi has no issues, stock beautiful, action is smooth as butter, and the dovetail is standard size.
    It does have the little safety mounted on the bolt, but that doesn't really bother me.

All Rossi Model 92's carry the same sights as the Winchester model 92 & 94 - but the Rossi super hard receiver needs to be drilled/tapped for the sight(s).
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12