Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: A potential source for 10 gauge once fired hulls

Boolit Master

A potential source for 10 gauge once fired hulls

I retired from the army in 1989. Early on, the salute cannon on post was a 75mm pack howitzer fired every morning and evening at flag raising and lowering. use to get the occasional 75mm brass "blank" case when I knew the Officer of the Day. About time I retired or a little earlier, they switched to a blank adapter that used a 10 gauge black powder blank.
    Anyone with military contacts may be able to tap into this source. Just a thought./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master

Do you remember if they were plastic, paper, or brass shells?

Boolit Master
    paper, plastic or brass, who cares as long as you can get them. they are as hard to get as ROCKING HORSE POOP.

Boolit Master

The 10 ga blanks were plastic. We used thise in the morning and a 75mm blank in the evening when retiring the colors for the day.

Greg

Boolit Master
    I used to swear by REM 10 gauge hulls and would buy a couple hundred unfired every year . Simple matter to trim down to 2 7/8” for my use . Year or two ago I was given some RST once fired 2 7/8” hulls and they work great . But RST isn’t loading 10’s at the present . But RST hulls are Cheddites so I pick them up whenever they’re on sale and they’re easier yet to trim over the Remington’s . Think I’ve got 600 10 2 7/8” shells loaded as I type this mostly 7 1/2’s but a fair amount of 6’s and a plethora of buckshot and slugs . I do have a set of fluid steel barrels for one of the hammer guns that has 3 1/2” chambers so lately I’ve fabled a bit in loading 3 1/2” . Think that’s the first I’ve loaded at 3 1/2” since I had the SP-10 semi auto back in the early 90’s !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer