Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Handgun in .22 caliber Face to Face

Handgun in .22 caliber Face to Face

Looking for a Face to Face sale in South East or South Central Michigan to say Grand Rapids in the West. I have the pistol purchase permit which will need to be filled out by the seller. Preference is to do the transfer at a local police station parking lot where we will both know the transaction will be safe and legal. FFL transfer costs make a difference in this price range and I will want to see what I'm buying.

Really hoping to keep this purchase under $400 but according to gun values web site using sold prices some of these that would be at the lower end of what they sell for so by all means shoot me a PM for something in the $400 range, just be aware that is getting to point of being over a budget limit. Mosquitos aren’t really bad but I still don’t wish to be banished to the garage for going over budget I agreed to with dear wife. However I can always try renegotiating for a good cause, and between bug spray and the old GI cot….. Hmmmm.

Strongly desire DA/SA action. Some models I’m considering are SA only but I really like the pistol so it makes the list. Not looking for a collectable item. Just a solid decent shooter in reasonably good shape. Have some preference for a revolver but that isn’t written in stone as the SR22 or MK IV or Beretta M9 are all on my list. Some of these usually go for above my price range but they also sometimes are sold within my price range so I put them on my list. I know some will have a model that is in excellent shape or with highly desirable or less common options that increase value. Those things probably don't matter to me. I want to go out with family and do some inexpensive target shooting and work on trigger control absent recoil.

• Taurus 942 but only with the 3 inch barrel. Longer sight picture and accuracy for target shooting is required. Target shooting with a snubbie is not desired.
    • Taurus 94 is also a good fit with 3 or 4 inch barrel.
    • Ruger SR22 semi-auto should be easy for wife or younger family members to use. I really like this from LGS inspection despite not being a revolver.
    • Ruger Mk 4 or will consider previous models. Really prefer the pencil barrel to the bull barrel for weight reasons. Fluted barrels tend to increase price.
    • Ruger Single Six is sometimes in my price range used and even if SA only it is a classic with good sights.
    • Beretta M9 22 is also a nice pistol and having a common frame size with the M9 in 9mm is sort of a plus.
    • S&W Victory is a contender too in the semi-auto category.
    • S&W Buckmark is on my list but the weight on these can vary depending on model and accessories less weight is better.

There are other models along the same lines as these that may be contenders so if you have a .22 LR pistol that is similar to these by all means shoot me a PM it may be just what I’m looking for that I don’t know is out there and if it shoots 22 and is accurate enough to not frustrate the grandkids or myself it is probably of interest to me.

Best bet is to PM me with any offer and we can exchange information. Rather than posting discussion here.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

going to bounce this to the top... not getting much response so far. I would take the Buckmark off the list after having compared the Ruger Mk IV and the Victory to it. Like those two better than the Buckmark.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master
    PM sent on Ruger Convertible.
    Don Verna