Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: Mauser argentinean 7.65

Boolit Mold

Mauser argentinean 7.65

Mauser argentinean 7.65 , three shots at 50 yards , mold lee 180 grains, 12 grains of W231, 1498 fps Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220827_173859.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	303646
    Last edited by Hector; 08-29-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Congratulations, Hector. Good shooting. Thanks for sharing your load information. Tell us a little about your rifle...is it a stock 1891 or 1909 Mauser? Has it been customized?

DG

Banned
    good shooting!!!!!! i still have to sight my sporterized '91 Argie in. i gave my two sons' 2 sporterized '91 Argies.

Really Nice. I have a old barrel action that is going to be my next build. Hope it shoots as well as yours. Do you know your bore diameter. What was the size of your bullet?

Boolit Master
    The Argentine actions are one of the best of all the Mausers, especially the 1909.
    I only have one left , and I rebarreled it to .35 Whelen.
    But I was very pleased with the rifles in their original caliber.

Super Moderator

............ I've had several Argentines M91 Infantry, M91 Cavalry carbines (Exceedingly cute if that term may be used for a firearm and a couple 1909's. One made in Argentina, and it was just as fine as the German manufactured rifles. The run of the mill people these days don't have much appreciation for rifles like these any longer. If it doesn't have a 30 rnd mag hanging out the bottom, and 50% of the firearm is plastic, it's just not very popular with the "Cell Phone" crowd.

I had an 01 FFL for 20 years, happily coinciding with European, Soviet, South America, and other places emptying out their warehouses of all manner of 20's, 30's and 40's era war rifles and accouterments. Russian Mosin Nagants M91's & 91/38's going for $39 - $69, and the M44's not much more. Ah Lord, and those fantastic Swede Mausers. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end But they did.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ............ I've had several Argentines M91 Infantry, M91 Cavalry carbines (Exceedingly cute if that term may be used for a firearm and a couple 1909's. One made in Argentina, and it was just as fine as the German manufactured rifles. The run of the mill people these days don't have much appreciation for rifles like these any longer. If it doesn't have a 30 rnd mag hanging out the bottom, and 50% of the firearm is plastic, it's just not very popular with the "Cell Phone" crowd.

................Buckshot

the 3rd and 4th picture is a '91 calvary carbine made in 1892 or '93. i bought it 2 or 3 years for $100-120. the '91 was already sporterized when i bought it. it had a split forend that i had to drill and glue dowels into it (4 of them). i had to redo the stock, but i didn't sand the serial numbers and "decal"(?). i also steamed the dents and scratches on the stock.

i'm one those guys that hates "plastics" with a passion. it is all wood and blued steel for me.

Hi Hector, By the currency I realize that we are from the same country, I will send you a private message. Maybe we can share some data

Boolit Master
    The 7.65 Mauser is surprisingly accurate. I've got a 1908 Brazilian action with a new/old stock 1909 Argentine barrel on it. I've been shooting Lyman #311284 boolits, powder coated and sized to .312" with 24.0 grains of shooters world buffalo rifle and Norma brass with Winchester large rifle primers. If I do my part it will put ten rounds into one hole at 50 yards. As soon as the current heat wave subsides I'm going to try it out with powder coated #311299's and see how it shoots.

Boolit Buddy
    Good to see interest in Argies, as they are some of the nicest battle rifles ever made. I think the 7.65 is very under appreciated, as well, and is easy to make from 06 brass.
    The Argentine Rifles were my first love as far as military rifles are concerned.

Dad gave me a full dressed, unmolested 1891 in decent shape a few years ago. With that rifle, I have had good luck with the NOE copy of the Lyman 314- 299. Brother has the same mold in 316-299, and both shoot well over a 13 grains or Unique, or 12 grains of Red Dot, or Green dot. Probably better, if I could see the sights better... You should have no problems with under 2 inch groups at 50, and 3 inch or in that range at 100. The only trouble that I had, was the shadow from the sides of the ladder sight, and makes it tougher to see.

I bought Bubba, cut down 91 about 5 years ago, off of a guy at a gun show. It had been nicely sporterized, as far as the wood goes, but the metal work left a lot to be desired.
    Barrel cut off with a hack saw and no crown, sights off of who know what stuck on with some kind of glue. I drilled and tapped the barrel, after removing all the glue residue, and installed a set of 700 Remington sights that a buddy gave me.
    I cut the barrel, off a little more, and friend crowned it, my cousin cleaned it up and slow rust blued it. When finished it looks good, and shoots better than I can see. I dont know why I like that gun, but I do.

Boolit Master
    Remember a gun show in the early 60's with several tables of Argentine 91's. IIRC asking price was $20-25 dollars and every rifle I saw looked like it had just left the factory, both wood and metal.

Boolit Buddy
    My first rifle back in 59' was an 1891 Argentine. The grease in that rifle made it smell like a new gun!...........................

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I had one that was sporterized. It was done by a professional and was a beautiful gun. My son has it now. I didn’t shoot it much because rounds were hard to come by and I didn’t have the dies for it back then. My mother kept it at her cabin for bear protection. She never used it. She would just go out banging pots and pans together. Once she wasn’t at home and the bears trashed her cabin.

Boolit Grand Master

My Argentines. Middle M91 was rebarreled to 35 Remington/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02106.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	310989
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

FINE SHOOTING!!!!

Never considered 231 in rifles!

I like the Argies too. I have a 1889 and a few 1909's. Most have been converted re barreled and re worked to other calibers. But I keep one in 7.65.

Mine loved the 311284 hp mold I have and 2400. Shooting 1.5" @ 100 for 10 shots. It shoots the LeE 155/2R pretty well but I prefer tge heavy RN for hunting. Its sporterized with a BC stock Tasco EURO Class 30mm 1-6-42 scope. I use it as cast bullet only.

My 1889 is a rare one built right here in Connecticut!! (Almost identical to the 1891 but with shrouded barrel) It dosnet shoot well with what I have tried and its bore isnt great but I have t sent anything even warm down its ancient barrel. Its in pretty good condition.
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Since this thread started I was able to test out my 7.65x53 rifle with Lyman # 311299 loads. These were powder coated and sized to .3125" In agreement with other posters here, the rifle prefers the longer & heavier #311284. The #311284 shoots a group half the size of the #311299. Your mileage may vary, but the in my rifle the 311284 shoots better than any of the other bullets I've tried.

Boolit Master
    I had a 91 that I foolishly sold off 40 years ago do to difficulty of getting ammo/components and not usable for hunting in my state (at that time). It was a sweet shooting, light rifle that would have been perfect in the woods! Can't buy a 91 action for what I sold it for.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience