MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before You Buy A Hybrid, Take A Look At This..

Vendor Sponsor

Before You Buy A Hybrid, Take A Look At This..

No words are needed!

Attachment 303544
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I had my civic for 10 years. Then my daughter had it for 3 and no battery problems at all.

Been called fake, but at least on site has stated that these batteries are 10k to 30k.. . So, no ain't buying a volt, which is 100% battery. Not hybrid.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    No matter if this is a fake or not,, it's the direction the stupid green weenie types want us to go. Just look at what Commiefornia's government just did. Passing a law forbidding any new, all gasoline powered vehicles by 2035.
    And I also ask the question; "Where will they get all the electricity to charge such things when they already have power grid issues & often have blackouts?"

STUPIDITY!!!!!!

But just think, the air will be so much cleaner as they sit around outside waiting for their part of the grid to get turned on for a while. I like hydrogen but don’t we need hydrogen filling stations too?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    No matter if this is a fake or not,, it's the direction the stupid green weenie types want us to go. Just look at what Commiefornia's government just did. Passing a law forbidding any new, all gasoline powered vehicles by 2035.
    And I also ask the question; "Where will they get all the electricity to charge such things when they already have power grid issues & often have blackouts?"

STUPIDITY!!!!!!
    Just think when all the people in Commiefornia all plug their cars in at night to recharge them the power will crash and they won't make it to work in the morning
    their solar windmills just aint going to cut it
    best of luck to ya
    I would rather buy Texas gasoline than a Chinese battery
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    Recently our local PUD sent out a newsletter with the time it takes to charge an electric vehicle depending on the type of charging apparatus. There are no "super fast" fast charging stations in this area and the nearest large grocery store is a 45 mile round trip. For us to get to the grocery store for food wee don't already grow or harvest, it would take a full day to charge the car. As for hydrogen, it is the future and the technology is evolving fast. There is testing going on in the UK using some sort of iron that produces hydrogen quickly and inexpensively on a small scale so far. Hopefully it will prove out.

Boolit Master
    how much does it cost to get rid of the old batteries.
    that $29k quote was just the battery, how you get rid of the old one?
    Old batteries are a haz-mat, right??

Boolit Master
    The battery has copper and nickle salvage value.......the big fuss about lithium ,this is dumped to landfill with the carbon mat ..........incidentally,if you watch the utubes ,the battery is generally repairable for around $1500 by replacing the failed components.......but none of the car makers will sell the components......the makers comment being "we are the only ones qualified to replace the battery components,and we dont do it."

Boolit Grand Master

I’m sure you can get one from Pep Boys for only $20,000. Throw it in on a Saturday afternoon and put the old one out with your trash.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    When you get to the point that some of the cells in a battery need replaced, they are all getting old and will need replaced before long.

I have seen where they are testing them. How these batteries are put together is so critical they do not patent the process as they want to protect their process as a trade secret.

I got reassigned, in part, cause I believe Electric Vehicles are going to be a disaster. I did not want to be part of it.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master

That is fake. I replaced one Volt battery customer pay and the total ticket was a little over 15K but other work was performed as well. Roger Dean Chevrolet is about 15 minutes from my house.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I’m sure you can get one from Pep Boys for only $20,000. Throw it in on a Saturday afternoon and put the old one out with your trash.

One of the many things that can kill you is 300 volts. Change it out at your own risk.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    One of the many things that can kill you is 300 volts. Change it out at your own risk.
    If your not living on the edge your taking up space
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Wifes company is testing electric yard trucks. $300,000 each triple a diesel rig and few answers as to battery replacement cost. The sales guy couldn't even tell them the running cost. I had to look up the power to recharge plus current rates to extrapolate the coast figuring in the recharger cost etc. Not cheaper considering cost plus no onsite repairs. Plus, grid goes down how you going to charge it?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I did the math. It is $0.42 per mile. gasoline at that price if you get 20mpg would cost $8.40 per gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    That is fake. I replaced one Volt battery customer pay and the total ticket was a little over 15K but other work was performed as well. Roger Dean Chevrolet is about 15 minutes from my house.
    Now I feel a lot better.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nvbirdman View Post
    I did the math. It is $0.42 per mile. gasoline at that price if you get 20mpg would cost $8.40 per gallon.
    Did you factor in that the Volt is a Hybrid and has a gas motor?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast