Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 45-70 suggestions

Hey Mint, thanks. No, I'm not worried about when they'd ship, just can't see a way to order - won't let me choose a case quantity, "Buy Now" tells me I have nothing in the cart, and "add" just kicks me to the main page. Is there a different way to order backordered items?
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by huntinlever View Post
    Hey Mint, thanks. No, I'm not worried about when they'd ship, just can't see a way to order - won't let me choose a case quantity, "Buy Now" tells me I have nothing in the cart, and "add" just kicks me to the main page. Is there a different way to order backordered items?
    Damn, you're right. So yeah they sold out really quick then, sorry... I bought it and immediately posted it over in this thread, I guess that went fast!

Lol, no worries. Um....seems like one or two people might be hungry for the 45-70 brass....!

Thanks - I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    -Paul

Quote Originally Posted by huntinlever View Post
    Lol, no worries. Um....seems like one or two people might be hungry for the 45-70 brass....!

Thanks - I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    Try again, it just went back to backorder: https://www.starlinebrass.com/45-70-govt-brass

I ordered it yesterday on backorder and it just shipped today.

One thing about Brian Pearce is that him and his boys shoot more in one week than most of us will ever shoot in our lifetimes. He is very free with his knowledge and told me how to tighten up groups.

Indexing the sights on the target in the same place every time is the key to success. This is nearly Impossible to do with the most common types of targets

You use Diamond shaped Target Spots. With Iron Sights you index the Front Sight on the Bottom Point of the Diamond with the bottom point in the center of the top of the Front Sight Blade. Also when shooting Leverguns, particularly Marlins, you need to rest the gun on top of your "Support Hand" while gripping the Fore End and pulling it backwards.

Using these two techniques I have shot 1,,, 1.75" 5 shot group with my 1894CB .44 Mag with a Lyman 66 LA and XS White Line Front Sight Blade.

If using an Optic like a scope picking a sharp point on the target and indexing the Horizontal Cross Hair on the bottom point and then splitting the point with the Vertical Hair >

With a Red Dot I use the left point and put the dot against it. This resulted in a Sub MOA 5 shot Group from my 580 Series Mini 14. Which is exceptional accuracy for a gun like that.

But I submit that most any gun will outshoot its owner, but a lot less of said owners will be outshot if they use these techniques !!!

Randy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Para LDA 1640 373.jpg   100464070.JPG   100464071.JPG   IMG_1139.jpg   100464203.jpg  

Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-11-2022 at 01:30 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345