Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A couple Marlin Ballard rifles.

Oh man!
    That is bs, I'd be looking for answers

Vall, that is my biggest fear when shipping or receiving guns with any carrier. Since good gunsmiths are like Hen’s teeth around here any work I want involves shipping and prayers. Good luck and I hope something good ends up happening.

It's been a nightmare, and USPS makes talking to anyone impossible! Every number I call fails to answer their phones, even my local PO station! But I did get some encouraging news a few minutes ago.
    I just got off the phone with the first actual real person from USPS, and she said something similar about packages being "lost". She told me of several incidents with the Portland Distribution Center recently where packages left there and took a month to reach their destination. In one case the man got his insurance paid, and the item landed two days afterwards.
    She told me to go ahead and file a claim tomorrow, just in case. But said not to give up yet, as it may be taking the scenic tour.

Boolit Grand Master
    Where does the tracking number tell you it is? I had a Christmas ornament ordered on eBay circle Chicago for nearly a month before it reached escape velocity and came to me in VA. At least I “knew” where it was!

Good luck, friend!
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Where does the tracking number tell you it is? I had a Christmas ornament ordered on eBay circle Chicago for nearly a month before it reached escape velocity and came to me in VA. At least I “knew” where it was!

Good luck, friend!
    Froggie
    That's part of the issue Charlie; the tracking simply states it's "in transit and late for scheduled delivery". So supposedly it's still traveling around the USA, but nobody can tell me where it is? I've never seen this before, as usually it will show arrival and departure when you click the tab for "details" on the shipment. Even the woman in customer service couldn't get anymore details than I got.

Update on the missing rifle. USPS denied my insurance claim 9-16-22, and stated they were sending an explanation letter. That letter must have gone the same route as the rifle, as it never arrived.
    A second request for why it was denied never got a response, except to deny that request also! Then yesterday I contacted my congressman, and gave them the details of what was happening to date. Got a reply this morning that his aide would contact USPS, and get back to me. But this morning the mysterious letter arrived, and stated it was denied because they wanted more proof! So they wont accept pictures, and messages back and forth from my friend who bought the rifle. They want a copy of a credit card receipt, sales receipt, or a copy of both sides of the canceled check.
    So contacted my friend to get him to email me the canceled check image. Then this morning I also got a reply from my congressional aide stating the same thing; that USPS said they need proof.
    So still no rifle at my friend's place, and we'll see if they get additional proof and finally pay off? One thing is for sure; I'll never use USPS again for anything valuable! And once this is finished, no matter how it ends up, I'm making up a picket sign and going to my local post office every chance I get time to, and walk back and forth on the sidewalk to picket the place. My sign is going to say: "Don't use USPS if you want your packages to get there!"
    Think I'll call the local TV news also and tell them some guy is picketing the post office, and they should go see why he's there!

Boolit Grand Master

From my experiences USPS claims are just about impossible to resolve. I hope it works out OK for you.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

After the claim, and two appeal denials, and contacting my congressman's office, USPS finally notified me they are settling my claim. Not fully, as for whatever reason they're withholding $23. from the total for insurance, shipping, and the value of my claim? That amount happens to be the cost of insurance, and the extra paid for an "over length" package. I guess I could understand not being paid back for insurance, but the over length charge should have been paid. Oh well, I should be happy they even paid the claim I guess.
    I don't think my congressman's "help" did much, as they simply contacted USPS and was told the same thing they told me. And when my appeal was denied after giving proof of value, they asked me to show them what I sent USPS, and replied that it should have been enough for USPS?
    I got two letters stating my claim was denied, and appeal was denied, but after getting the denial letter on my 2nd appeal it still showed at their web site that the appeal was under consideration. Then this morning it said the claim was approved for the lesser amount.
    I wont use USPS again, unless it's something of small value. And as for guns, I'll sell them locally, and no longer ship any guns via any of the various carriers. I've had my fill of poor service, or no service.

Boolit Master

Should report the theft to the BATFE. Antique or not it is theft of a firearm in an interstate shipment.

USPS hates investigations from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Should report the theft to the BATFE. Antique or not it is theft of a firearm in an interstate shipment.

USPS hates investigations from them.
    I spoke with ATF, and since it's an "antique" by their rules it's of no concern to them. Might as well be a muzzleloader he said, as they are similar rules. They don't want to waste their time with antique rifles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12