RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: How to build a brass annealer for rifle brass

Boolit Buddy

How to build a brass annealer for rifle brass

This is a post to attach a PDF file of a construction article for a brass annealer. With the help of Steve O'Brian, who reduced the file size so it would fit, it is attached. Administrator, can this be made a sticky?

I noticed one thing, on my desktop computer which has Adobe fully installed, Adobe would not let me open the links to AliExpress, I had to copy and paste them, but they worked.

Let me know if there are any errors or omissions in the article, I will address them. Several people have asked for copies of this, they got the original Word version.

annealing machine small.pdf

Steve

Steve,

it downloaded and opened on my Kindle fire fine, but the links did not work like they did on my office computer.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    A few years ago I found similar plans online and built my annealer. It works great. I have since had to change one of the little electric motors. All of the specified electric components were Chinese.
    Last edited by high standard 40; 08-26-2022 at 06:13 PM.

Boolit Master
    if you goggle "making brass anealer" you will find a DIY brass anealer for $100.00. very good video. i made 3. for myself and 2 friends. something that is not mentioned or shown; due to the depth of the pan used; you will not be able to aneal shorter brass such as 223. i made a "ring" out of 1/2 in. plywood that acts as a spacer at the back of the pan and attached with 2 screws. aneal dosen't look right, i think its anneal.

made mine using an old record player, an angle food cake pan and bernz O matic propane torch. Have annealed thousands of brass for varmint rifles, works great!

Boolit Buddy
    Porthos, the video you mention was one I viewed while researching my build. A good simple version. I wanted an automatic feed on mine, so I decided to couple the feed and anneal functions with a cog belt. The metal box used was about twice the price of the plastic one from China, or I might have used it.

GC45, good use of available resources!

Steve