RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Melting PC in chamber

Boolit Master

Melting PC in chamber

I use a 124 pc boolit in a 9mm CZ 75b. I shoot some USPSA where a lot of rounds are fired quickly. Sometimes to unload the pistol the slide needs to be slammed against a hard object to open the chamber. I have shortened the OAL where they pass the plunk test.
    Can the pc coating melt and glue the round in the chamber?
    I have tried to eliminate every other possibility.

Boolit Master
    I doubt that the chamber would get that hot (350-400 degrees). With the CZ metal frame, you'd not want to hang onto it. I have a CZ-75 and it has basically no leade, so I finally went to a bullet with a smaller diameter nose- NOE offers designs that are made to solve this common issue. Might also pretend its a .22 rimfire and bring a chamber-cleaning brush with you.
    Loren

Boolit Grand Master

It may be possible if you can get the chamber up to 400+deg. It would be doubtful though.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

A mag dump might easily get the chamber that hot in the leade area, but if the PC were melting you'd see it on the unfired round once you got it out.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    I use a 124 pc boolit in a 9mm CZ 75b. I shoot some USPSA where a lot of rounds are fired quickly. Sometimes to unload the pistol the slide needs to be slammed against a hard object to open the chamber. I have shortened the OAL where they pass the plunk test.
    Can the pc coating melt and glue the round in the chamber?
    I have tried to eliminate every other possibility.
    Had the same thing with my CZ-75B and pc'ed Lee 356-120-TC, sized .357". The loaded over-all length worked great in my Glocks, and a Sig M17. It passed the plunk test in the CZ with a clean barrel....then when shooting about 50 rounds, and some powder fowling, the pistol slide was hard to open to clear the round/gun. Seated the boolit deeper and fixed the problem. The short, tight throat was just a little too snug with some powder fouling after shooting.

A loaded cartridge length of 1.06" with the Lee 356-120-TC works in my CZ-75B. Easy to empty and clear the pistol when hot and firing many rounds.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting