Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&S buyer MIA

Boolit Master

I can not see any of your threads where you listed an M1A for sale.
    Does that thread still exist?
    Who is the buyer and does he still exist?
    The forum has acted up recently. Maybe he can’t see the thread, either, and doesn’t know what to do now.
    A Mod can look into it and see if the thread still exists and if he has been active lately.
    Rather than posting answers to these questions, just answer them yourself and seek a Mod’s help if it seems needed.

Boolit Master

THat's MIA - as in Missing In Action - NOT M1A as in Springfield semi auto 7.62 x 51. They look pretty similar in this font
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by square butte View Post
    THat's MIA - as in Missing In Action - NOT M1A as in Springfield semi auto 7.62 x 51. They look pretty similar in this font
    Yes, thanks for that clarification!

Boolit Bub
    As far as I can see, he has not been online since we last spoke.

Seeing that there might be extenuating circumstances, I will wait until the weekend. If nothing by then, I will open the sale up to others.

Thank you all for the helpful insights!

Boolit Master

There is such a thing as a heart attack followed by an extended hospital stay when one is unable to answer a phone that is just a foot away. Happened to my BIL about a year ago. Because of hospital covid policy my sister was not able to visit. Had his cellphone be his bedside but he could not twist to reach it. Called the hospital and could not get any info. She then called their family doctor and explained that she had gotten any info from the hospital since his surgery three days earlier though she had been assured she would get daily reports. It had been three days and she did not know if he was even alive. The family doctor called the hospital and got info plus carried the complaint higher into the administration. It could also be that he is a hiker that has not returned from a 3 hour hike. Or he may be a flake.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    There is such a thing as a heart attack followed by an extended hospital stay when one is unable to answer a phone that is just a foot away. Happened to my BIL about a year ago. Because of hospital covid policy my sister was not able to visit. Had his cellphone be his bedside but he could not twist to reach it. Called the hospital and could not get any info. She then called their family doctor and explained that she had gotten any info from the hospital since his surgery three days earlier though she had been assured she would get daily reports. It had been three days and she did not know if he was even alive. The family doctor called the hospital and got info plus carried the complaint higher into the administration. It could also be that he is a hiker that has not returned from a 3 hour hike. Or he may be a flake.
    I agree 100% I feel its fair to wait a little over a week. If I don't hear back by then, then I will assume he's either a flake or has problems large enough that this deal will become insignificant...

Boolit Master

I had a similar situation with a respondant to an S&S ad. After 3 PM's and about 5 days, he finally PM'd that his internet had been down. I've found that a lot of members here are located in somewhat remote areas where internet is iffy at times. Also he indicated that he was a veteran and would have to wait until the first of the month to pay me. I shipped his purchase the next day. I can wait for the money. I've never been stiffed on this board.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

There is a tremendous amount of online trust, and it exists so long as it is never tested. Once bitten, twice shy. Time though, does heal some ills. Your thinking of giving it through the weekend, and 7 days, is commendable. I had Covid last October. When it hit, I wasn't in any shape to do business with anyone (and didn't). At 10 days along, I got worse, and went to the hospital in sad, sad shape. I was in isolation for 10 additional days and was in no way physically or mentally able through most of it to do business with anyone.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

If you wait a full week and there is no response then no reasonable person is going to fault you for moving along to another buyer, extenuating circumstances or not.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    If you wait a full week and there is no response then no reasonable person is going to fault you for moving along to another buyer, extenuating circumstances or not.
    That is my plan. I want to be fair but also not wait forever holding the bag.

Boolit Bub
    By the way the buyer never did get back to me. And I still haven't sold the item. Several other bites but nobody has actually come through and paid!

I think I'm gonna move it to another forum.
    I still like yall though!

Boolit Grand Master

Couple of weeks. You have no idea what is going on like a death in the family which makes online stuff a little not as important
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Couple of weeks. You have no idea what is going on like a death in the family which makes online stuff a little not as important
    That may be so, which is why he isn't getting a deadbeat post. Regardless, I don't think that any reasonable person wouldn't have moved on after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole440 View Post
    That may be so, which is why he isn't getting a deadbeat post. Regardless, I don't think that any reasonable person wouldn't have moved on after a week.
    Exactly. If something requiring all a buyer's attention came up any reasonable person would expect a seller to move on when there's no communication for a few days, let alone two weeks.

Boolit Master
    I've had several deals on a few Forums,, this one included.

And,, I've had a few times I wasn't able to respond immediately. And I've had other times the other party wasn't able to respond in a timely fashion.
    Heck, on another forum, I had a guy agree to sell me something,, and accept my check. I allowed he could wait until it cleared. He responded that he'd wait a few days,, after receiving the check for it to clear before shipping. Then,, the day after I saw it had cleared my bank,, I got a message it would ship (2) days later when he could get to town. Well, after giving it 6 days,, and no response, no tracking or anything,, I was beginning to wonder. Well, I got a PM from him, saying his nephew had to ship it, and apologized for the delay. Apparently,, he'd had sudden, unexpected surgery, and was "laid up." The next day,, I got the tracking number w/o even asking for one.

Life happens.

But having patience,,trying to do the right thing has limits. Only each person can say what the limits are. The key to it all is COMMUNICATION!

I recently had a payment I sent come back to me, took 30 days from dropping it off at the post office .5 miles away I'm grateful for the sellers patience helps I have a postmark that says I followed through in a timely fashion even if I dyslexia'd the address.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole440 View Post
    Deadbeat posts are only allowed if approved by Cast Boolits administration you can not just post one until all the facts are known. If you feel you have cause I suggest you contact No_1 by PM prior to taking that action.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

On another forum with much less ethical folks than here (not all; just a few) there are sellers that will seemingly sell the same item to as many as respond. They give their PayPal info to all respondents. The first person that pays wins. More than once I thought I had bought something only to get a refund notice from PayPal later. The site owners have no problem with this and are very vocal about not offering any policing or restrictions on who may sell, membership participation requirements or any controls that aid in safety for buyers. Selling and buying here may not be perfect but it’s far better than on some sites.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

I believe if after a week and no response and no money or goods have changed hands, I think I would move on. If I were on the other side of the deal I believe I would have no hard feelings.

Boolit Bub
    To close out this story, I heard from the buyer a long time later that he had been preoccupied with family business.

No hard feelings and I think that the advice in this thread was on point!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast