MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&S buyer MIA

Boolit Bub

S&S buyer MIA

Just curious as to what the consensus is on how long you all wait before re-offering an item when you haven’t heard back or been paid following a pm?

It has been 4 full days. Buyer said they would pay me Friday morning. It has been radio silence since that last message midday Thursday.

I don’t mind waiting but there are other interested buyers and the box is kind of in my way on the floor!
    Thanks,
    Cole

Banned
    Well he didn't live up to his end so I'd say the ball is in your court , if you want it out of your way there's no time like the present

Shoot him an email or whatever, and tell him what you’re going to do, then do,it.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

7 days usps is slow

Boolit Master

If your waiting for a mailed check,MO whatever, I think you should wait at least a week. Odd he did not send an email, but I was not in on the conversation. I have these deals go bad many times over timing. I could tell you many stories. Unless your desperate for the money, I hang on another day or two. BTW if he is sending a Money Order with your name on it, you are the only one who can cash it.

I'd do a follow up PM and give it another day or two first.

I've had folks move kind of slow like that in the past, but just figured they were busy or had a emergency.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

That is one of the reasons I pass by any offer that asks for a USPS money order or accept one as payment. Like it or not if PayPal isn't the payment method, I neither buy or sell. Just me, y'all do it your way. Gp

Boolit Bub
    To address some questions. He was supposed to pay via paypal, I never even gave him my physical address so MO isn't a possiblity. Frankly I'm with gpidaho on that one!

I have sent 3 PMs now. One asking for his address the day that we agreed to a deal. One asking if was still planning on sending payment Friday evening and one yesterday asking if he was still interested.

No replies to any of them, whereas he was initially prompt.

I don't have a burning need for the money. I would hold this stuff a few weeks if he asked, but without having any communication, I'm just a little anxious.

Boolit Master

you know not everybody has reliable internet. i have had mine go out in the middle of a deal and it took a week to get things fixed. does the party have your phone number, is your pm box full?
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    you know not everybody has reliable internet. i have had mine go out in the middle of a deal and it took a week to get things fixed. does the party have your phone number, is your pm box full?
    My inbox is wide open, but I had not considered the internet issue. Great perspective from someone in a different situation than I!

If it was to be a PayPal deal (Should only take a minute or two) and no response in days, I'd go ahead and sell to the next available customer. Again, just me. Do it your way as it's not my deal. Gp

Boolit Grand Master

The USPS has significant issues. In January I mailed a recipe to my dad and one more to a hunting buddy. They both live in the same town about 500 miles away. One got there in 3 days the other took 17 days. I just purchased some books on this site. The seller sent them the next day. I mailed a check on the same day he sent the books. He used media rate mail. The books came well before he received the check in first class mail.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Have you checked his profile ABOUT ME to see when he was on here last?
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I have had a few deals with members interrupted due to health issues , that took a little longer to work out .

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    Have you checked his profile ABOUT ME to see when he was on here last?
    There it is ^^^^^ Site Moderator's suggestion...do that! If he's been here since the deal was initiated, during a period where you have a PM(s) awaiting his reply, you will KNOW something's up.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Land Owner View Post
    There it is ^^^^^ Site Moderator's suggestion...do that! If he's been here since the deal was initiated, during a period where you have a PM(s) awaiting his reply, you will KNOW something's up.
    Hate to say it but there may have been a medical or other issue. Check what Minerat posted to see if he has been on.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Fortunately, I've only had that happen a couple of times. #1, there is no excuse for non-communication - the buyer knew how to PM you when he said he'd take your item - they should be able to PM you if there is going to be a hold up in payment. If paying by snail mail, did he notify you that the payment had been sent? If not - then again no excuse for non-communication. If paying on-line, there is no excuse for not taking care of it within a day and if they have some problem - that's what PMs are for. I would agree with others - send one more PM stating that if payment is not made, you have no obligation to hold to for them and it will be re-listed and sold to a buyer who is responsible enough to follow through. I can guarantee you that those that do not follow through probably handle their monthly bills in the same manner.

I responded to a WTB on here from a member who was looking for a particular brass. I had some so wanted to help him out - contacted him, told him what I had and the price and he said he'd take it. He said he would mail payment and all sounded good so I packed it up and sent it so he wouldn't have to wait for it - should have known better but I wanted to help him out. Well, payment didn't arrive in a timely manner so I PM'd him and it went downhill from there as he would not communicate nor did he show any common courtesy. I finally got my money out of him but I will never do any business with him again. I will not say who it is - his lack of responsibility will catch up with him - but he is still on here posting and funny thing - he auctioned off several expensive firearms on here in the past six months. When I saw his auctions all I could think of is I wonder how he would like it if a buyer of his expensive guns treated him like he obviously treats others - Karma can be a beautiful thing and eventually what comes around will go around.

It's unfortunate because this site has a tremendous amount go good and honest members who are willing to share knowledge as well as help others out if they need something - but there will always be a very few who were never taught to take responsibility nor how to treat others like they would like to be treated.

Give the guy one more PM and one last chance and then move on - you've done your job and he hasn't done his.

I've had one wtb from a member that I helped out and only wanted my cost back out of it, less than $20, but never heard a peep, and I didn't pursue as I figured he didn't have it and I didn't want to chase that amount.
    But if this sale was to be PayPal, and he hasn't contacted you in 4 plus days, I'd sell to the next guy. Send first one another pm saying it was sold to 2nd in line. And move on. 1st buyer must not want.....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Could be an internet issue, as others have said. I had a message notification in my email last week. Checked here, no message. The message showed up in my inbox here today, days after the email notification.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Paypal requires an email address to work. Several times, I has missed a key stroke when giving mine, which gummed up the works.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast