Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rottweiler Puppies

Boolit Master
    Here’s a 3-week picture of these little guys. They are growing up in South Carolina.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92B7F72E-298D-4EE8-95D7-FF8830ADE4AB.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	304198

Boolit Master
    A coworker of mine has a rottie that is just shy of 200 lbs.. He is a monster. His way of greeting people is definitely intimidating too, He will charge at you flat out and pull up at the last second asking for pets. The only problem with that is you better know the dog because if you get scared and run you will get two steps and he will bowl you over and then just stand there looking at you.

Me and the wife have always had mostly mutts, We are with out now. Depending on where you are in SC we my be interested to buy one of those pups! Send a pm!
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Moderator Emeritus

Friend had rotties, both were big babies who thought they were lap dogs! Except for guys in uniform... UPS guy kicked Shadow one day and from then on any guy in a uniform was met with growling and teeth. Local cop came up trying to sell raffle tickets and he froze... Shadow was behind him on the porch in full threat display... friend had to grab her and drag her in the house before the cop could exit out the gate with the beware of dog sign!

Boolit Master
    Puppyfinder.com, puppies.com, on the web

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't know, think the Mastiff/shar-pei/Akita cross the wife once had, had the most dangerous/volatile gas bombs. He was in the living room and all of a sudden got up and ran in the other room. Wife and I looked at each other and Whaaa?? Then it hit. Tears,gagging, choking, didn't think we would make it out of the room before passing out. Dog was hiding under the dining room table, with a guilty but suffering too, look on his face. Hollered his name and he ran to the back door, wanting out. Took awhile before we went back to the living room.

Moderator Emeritus

Oreo(RIP bud!) my 25 pound tuxedo kitty cleared the house during Super Bowl one year... it was below zero outside and we were all standing outside the front door gagging... that cat was rank! He liked to burrow under the covers... I heard him fart and held the edges down so he couldn't run away LOL he was nt pleased with me for a week after that!But he got the hint and would go fart in the bathroom where I have a motion sensing fan.

My wife did the math, We are nearing 70 and buy the time we are raising a rott @10 years old we will be 80. Just can not see walking a rott @ 80. Even if I make it that far. So we may just look for a 10 year old dog to start with, We some times forget how old we are.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Bub
    We lost our rotiie lab mixed a couple of years ago...she was a great dog and I sure do miss her!

Boolit Master
    I only knew one, very faithful and protective, lots of drool

Boolit Grand Master

That's a lot of little worms!! Cute puppies.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by super6 View Post
    My wife did the math, We are nearing 70 and buy the time we are raising a rott @10 years old we will be 80. Just can not see walking a rott @ 80. Even if I make it that far. So we may just look for a 10 year old dog to start with, We some times forget how old we are.
    Rotties take a lot of work, and you have to be ready for that. These guys need walking and they misbehave after a few days of not going at least one mile. You should also be able to physically dominate them in some way (even though we both know they could eat us) - dogs need & want a leader. My 70yo mother wants one for protection in the country while my dad is gone, but she physically cannot be the alpha a rottie needs.
    I like to run behind two 100lb+ Rottweilers. It’s kind of humorous to think about how much pain I’d be in if they took off, while knowing they respect my leadership. Just don’t do that while there’s a girl in heat nearby.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    A coworker of mine has a rottie that is just shy of 200 lbs.. He is a monster. His way of greeting people is definitely intimidating too, He will charge at you flat out and pull up at the last second asking for pets. The only problem with that is you better know the dog because if you get scared and run you will get two steps and he will bowl you over and then just stand there looking at you.
    Next door neighbor up north had his brother visiting and that guy brought his Rot. Out in my yard and the giant dog wandered over. He yelled "don't shoot her she's friendly" as my hand went to my hip. She walked up, looked at me then leaned on my leg for a scratch. Great dog.
    Know the signs of a friendly vs mean dog. Tail position, eye movement, hair on back etc.
    I saved a woman in The Yucatan that was about to pet a dog who was ready to lay a world of hurt on her
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Son had a Rottie, a bouncy young dog, they came for the holidays...
    So did my Mother-in-law, who is nervous around big bouncy dogs.

For their first meeting, the Rott bounced onto the sofa next to her, put his head in her lap, and gave her the big brown eyes.
    Nobody can resist big brown puppy eyes. She joined his pack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12