Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms TX200 for squirrels

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I have the Weihrauch HW95 in .22. It is a beast for sure. When I celebrated my 80th birthday last month, I determined to go to a PCP. I'm considering a Daystate Huntsman Revere .22 and using a tank to refil the gun. I can't justify a compressor right now.

I'm going to get the tank refilled by the local fire dept(volunteer). As a county commissioner, we financed the purchase of a 4500psi compressor for the air tanks the department uses. I've got an ok from the chief to get the tank refilled. My only reservation is I don't know how many times the gun can be filled from a 75 cu ft tank. I don't want to lose the privilege because I used/abused it too many times.
    I have the regular Hunstman (non-regulated) and wish I had got the Revere but I still get a lot of shots out of a 74 cu ft tank. When I am shooting off the bench testing pellets/lubes etc, I keep the gun tethered to the tank, so I do not lose any air when disconnecting the hose and air bleeds off. YOU STILL NEED TO SHUT OFF THE VALVE AT THE TANK once you reach fill pressure (230 bar). If you do not shut the valve, you will over pressurize the gun. (4500 psi is 310 bar) Once the tank drops to 230 bar you can leave the valve open and gun tethered to it.

I get about 250 fills out of a 74 cu ft tank. I fill every 20 shots so that come to 5000 shots/fill. I fill the gun to 210 bar and refill at 175 bar. Next time the tank drops to 210 bar, I am going to leave the valve open and see how many shots it takes to run the tank down to 160 bar. I am estimating about 400 more shots. BTW, the reason I only fill to 210 bar is that my other PCP rifle is rated at lower pressure, and I do not want a brain fart to get me in trouble.

You will be very pleased with the Daystate. I suggest adding a suppressor as it is a bit loud. I use a moderator from Donny FL, IIRC about $150. Mine shoots bargain Crosman 14.3's well averaging .77" five shot groups at 50 yards (Average of 45 groups). With 15.89 JSB Exacts it does .70" average for 45 groups, and averaged .70" for 69 groups with the Air Arms 16.0 gr Diablo Field. My Daystate does not shoot the heavier pellets as well. NSB gets better accuracy than I and is using heavier pellets. (I suspect he is a better trigger man than I) Every barrel has its preference.

For my needs, a 10% accuracy gain is not worth paying three times the cost for better pellets. If I was going to hunt with the gun, I would test heavier pellets and find something that shoots well. Having scope settings for hunting and plinking pellets would make sense so you can plink inexpensively.

I plink for $15/1000 for air and pellets using the Crosman's.
    Last edited by dverna; 08-24-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Thanks!! You have answered my questions plus some I didn't know to ask. I am going to call and place my order this morning. Have to wait until it is after 9:00AM in Arizona.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    thanks!! You have answered my questions plus some i didn't know to ask. I am going to call and place my order this morning. Have to wait until it is after 9:00am in arizona.
    happy birthday!!!
    Don Verna

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12