Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Belivieu on Youtube

Boolit Man
    He is pleasant and good at what he does. And covers a lot of topics. I like the history he does about the guns.
    Thanks
    HawkEye

Boolit Master
    as stated if you naysayers can do better than him. why aren't you doing gun related videos & magazine articles? HUH? DUH?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Never met him, but he does a decent video.. . . . think not . . .take a look at some of the idiots with a video camera out there who want to be a "star" . . . . .

Do I agree with him 100% of the time? Probably not . . . more likely not on some of his rifle making videos . . . not because he is inaccurate . . . but because my experience in building rifles from scratch has taught me there ae maybe better ways to do something . . . but then none of us do things the same way so no harm, no foul.

Mile is one fo those guys who created a "niche" for himself . . . and along with that goes self promotion . . . if not . . . you may make one really good video but you'll soon be forgotten . . . so you keep at it. What is one man's junk is another man's treasure . . . and so it goes with videos.

If you like what he does . . . good for you . . . watch it and enjoy it. He certainly explains some things much better than others . . . and let's face it . . . a lot of people buy muzzleloaders and know absolutely nothing about them so they can at least get some guidance and infortion. I've been shooting BP for 60 + years . . . and there is always something new to learn.

If you don't like him . . . or what he does . . . it's like any other TV program, movie or video that you watch . . . you have an "off" button.

Like I said, I don't know the man other than watching some of his videos . . . but if his videos help inspire folks to take up the muzzleloading hobby and helps them gain a greater appreciation for the history that goes along with it . . . then three loud "huzzahs" for him for he's made a positive impression on another individual who hopefully will keep the hobby alive and enjoy it greatly.

I like Mike’s videos, but they get a little tedious sometimes. I play them on 1 1/2 speed, and find them interesting an informative.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    Never met him, but he does a decent video.. . . . think not . . .take a look at some of the idiots with a video camera out there who want to be a "star" . . . . .

Do I agree with him 100% of the time? Probably not . . . more likely not on some of his rifle making videos . . . not because he is inaccurate . . . but because my experience in building rifles from scratch has taught me there ae maybe better ways to do something . . . but then none of us do things the same way so no harm, no foul.

Mile is one fo those guys who created a "niche" for himself . . . and along with that goes self promotion . . . if not . . . you may make one really good video but you'll soon be forgotten . . . so you keep at it. What is one man's junk is another man's treasure . . . and so it goes with videos.

If you like what he does . . . good for you . . . watch it and enjoy it. He certainly explains some things much better than others . . . and let's face it . . . a lot of people buy muzzleloaders and know absolutely nothing about them so they can at least get some guidance and infortion. I've been shooting BP for 60 + years . . . and there is always something new to learn.

If you don't like him . . . or what he does . . . it's like any other TV program, movie or video that you watch . . . you have an "off" button.

Like I said, I don't know the man other than watching some of his videos . . . but if his videos help inspire folks to take up the muzzleloading hobby and helps them gain a greater appreciation for the history that goes along with it . . . then three loud "huzzahs" for him for he's made a positive impression on another individual who hopefully will keep the hobby alive and enjoy it greatly.
    +1 ��

Boolit Grand Master

He seem like a good guy, just super dry. Happy, but no humor at all. I really enjoyed his gun building videos. He never claimed to be the expert, he just showed you how it went. His shooting videos vary. Some were quite interesting, some are unwatchable, some is just stupid.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    He seem like a good guy, just super dry. Happy, but no humor at all. I really enjoyed his gun building videos. He never claimed to be the expert, he just showed you how it went. His shooting videos vary. Some were quite interesting, some are unwatchable, some is just stupid.
    Many are just repeats of old stuff he has already done

Boolit Master
    If you read Sam Colts loading instructions no lube was used. The thinking of the time was you emptied your C&B pistol then went to your long knife as there was not enough time to reload if you were under attack. The loading used today was developed so you could play games like SASS, NCOW, or Civil War re-enacting. Mike gives some good and some bad information just like any gunwriter. I watch his vidio's and I have been shooting Colt C&B guns for 65 years.

Boolit Buddy
    Mike is a very good man. Why bad mouth him? Just turn it off if you dont like his content.

Boolit Buddy

People here with long years of experience with BP firearms get annoyed with Mike Belivieu's "long winded" instructions, but the videos are really not for you. The videos are produced for a much larger audience of people who are new to BP firearms, Belivieu is teaching them the basics.

He's moving from ANIT-GUN youtube, to RUMBLE

https://rumble.com/c/c-1886155

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master
    if people on the site can do a better job, just have at it? I don't see any of the NASAYERS, POPOERS, doing videos like his. I think that some of us can gleam a little bit from them. jmho.

Boolit Master
    For a novice I find his videos informative. His video on 38 caliber top break cartridge guns was very good and had information that I have never seen before.
    For me tedious and long is good. On youtube one can also skip parts you do not like it or just turn it off. Whether he is a good guy or not, I have no idea and really do not care if I get useful information. There is another forum that I only lurk on these days since the owner does not like me, but he never banned me and I can get very useful information there. A lot in the industry do not like him, but they either use his ideas or go to great lengths to disprove them. I will not use names here. To me knowledge is what counts and if you are willing to share it with me, I will listen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12