Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: DOUGGUY does it again

Boolit Mold

DOUGGUY does it again

Quite a few years ago, I sent a Ruger Bkackhawk cylinder to DougGuy to perform his magic with his Sunnen hone and general expertise. This past July, he did it again. I sent him another cylinder that was having serious accuracy problems. Once again, a very satisfied customer. His price is right, his turnaround time is great and, most of all, his communications with me was excellent.... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
    J.

Boolit Master

Agree 100%, on all points.

Boolit Master

he did my 686 a few years back. I was very satisfied. Quick turnaround, quality work, nice to communicate with.

Boolit Master

I have not sent him any revolver stuff yet, but he has done a great job on several semi-auto pistol barrels.

Boolit Master

Jeez Doug your becoming a Rock Star!
    Top notch work on my cylinders too.
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Those of you with DA revolvers - you have to remove the cylinder, so where do you go for details and diagrams on how to do that? I have some I’d like to send out to him. Thanks.

Boolit Master

I can't remember for sure, but I think I sent the entire crane off my 686 not just the cylinder? that was pretty easy to remove.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    I can't remember for sure, but I think I sent the entire crane off my 686 not just the cylinder? that was pretty easy to remove.
    Most S&W you take out one screw and slide the crane out, the cyllinder (with ejector rod intact) simply slides out of the crane.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorite View Post
    Those of you with DA revolvers - you have to remove the cylinder, so where do you go for details and diagrams on how to do that? I have some I’d like to send out to him. Thanks.
    Rugers are a LOT more in depth to get the crane out and back in, go to youtube and watch some videos, you get different views watching more than one or two so I found that to be a great source, sometimes I have to use that myself.

Once the Ruger crane is out then you need two skinny punches to hold the hidden spring down while you push out the pin with the other punch. Those can be a little bit tricky, but there's really not enough spring tension to send stuff flying so just be careful with it and do this on a bench or work area that doesn't have a totally flat an clean work area, you want stuff surrounding the work area so if something does decide to jump, it will be confined to the immediate work area and easy to find.

There is a Ruger produced video on a single action revolver, that's pretty neat too, the guy holds the hammer, trigger, pawl, and transfer bar together in his fingers and drops them into the frame as a group. He makes it look SO easy you want to throw something at him!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 08-21-2022 at 05:36 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    This type of post is a recurring themed one.

It sings the praises of a fine gentleman who does excellent work at a very fair price.

While I can handle many chores like this myself,, Doug helped me with a S&W long ago, that made a big difference. I needed the chamber mouths gently chamfered to accept moon clipped ammo faster. While that titanium was a PIA for sure,, Dough handled it very well. Kudos for him & his work,,,,,,,, AS ALWAYS!

Boolit Master

That's probably what I did with my 686. Memory ain't what it used to be.

Boolit Mold
    I’ll chime in here to give high praise for DougGuy as well. He did 3 cylinders for me a while back, single actions, chamfered my 357 Blackhawk as well to make it easier to load. He does great work and sends very thorough communications of measurements etc.
    Uniforming chamber throats is way underrated. Makes load development easier, and most important gives me the confidence in my guns that makes me shoot better!
    Thanks Doug!