RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LEAD FREE SHOT, for pigs??

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baogongmeo View Post
    Hevi-shot sells a Dead Coyote load with a tungsten blend OO 3" 12ga. load. Says lethal on coyotes out to 70 yards. Expensive though.
    I'm sure that stuff is nasty. I shot a coyote 4 years ago at 109 yards with a Remington HD BB 3" 12 gauge load. Misjudged the distance or I would not have taken the shot. Broke its front leg, rear leg, and back with the shot. I aimed about a foot or so above its head when I pulled the trigger. I had to walk up and finish it off...but it wasn't going anywhere. I was calling when it ran up and made me.. locked up the brakes and would come any closer so I took a hail marry shot at it. I ranged the shot afterwards. My calling partner that was.fscing the opposite way with a rifle still can't believe I connected on it. sure TSS double 00 would penatrate really well. Ive shot coyotes at 20 yards and had pass throughs with some of the HD BB loads. Very expensive and long discontinued....about 25 years ago. Still have some in BB,BBB, and T. I don't know if I'd want to try buckshot on pigs but if I had to it would be with TSS shot. To expensive imo for a multiple hog hunt when you can cast boolits that cost zero dollars if you get free lead like me.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 08-24-2022 at 08:38 PM.

Boolit Master
    Number 3 buck, 2-3/4", 20 ga......works on hogs just fine.

https://imgur.com/NBAj3RL
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Boolit Master
    I mentioned this before. I did a whole bunch of research into steel shot loading after I came across a 5 gallon bucket of copper plated bb's at the scrap yard.
    steel used in bb's is much, much harder material than steel or tungsten shot that is sold for reloading shot shells. both Remington and mossberg said DO NOT DO IT.
    could not get ballistic products folks to give me any ANY load data for any gauge. ball bearings are probably much much harder than bb's.
    sure there are all kinds of videos on the internet of people shooting all sorts of stuff out of shotguns. but if you value your gun and your eyes and limbs and life. its advisable to stick with the products made available at places like ballistic products.

Banner Sponsor

^^+1

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Gr...tinfo/7000005/

Oops, looks like they are out of stock.
    Last edited by lar45; 08-25-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Banner Sponsor

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	popcorn impala.gif 
Views:	13 
Size:	291.1 KB 
ID:	303825

Boolit Master
    Based on what some are saying here, loading your own non-lead ammo is one acceptable means of getting legal ammo for the pig hunt. Now if you think about that, how is a Game warden going to know if your buckshot is made from lead free solder or lead? I understand that you can't use factory lead buckshot ammo because the shell markings will betray it. But load your own and they will never know. All these lead free laws do nothing for the environment so I have zero problem disobeying them.

Boolit Master
    35 Rem All a warden has to have is a magnet and a reloaded shell.

Boolit Master
    Bismuth or copper in a rifle only if you can ??

Boolit Buddy
    South Texas but sometimes it feels like Northern Mexico
    www.tungstensupershot.online/TSS_18_00_Buck_Shot_Dia_838_mm_(0330_)/p5470590_18457170.
    any way having seen what the #9 tss does to turkeys I believe this stuff would be Hell on wheels on hogs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123