WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White glue for roll crimps?

Boolit Master
    When i hunted ducks in minnesota i would seal the star crimp with wax and seal the primers with nail polish

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Hers a few more I sealed with clear nail polish. Seems to work for me. I do keep them in a plastic zip lock bag when hunting just in case.

I also use primer sealer around and in the primer holes before I seat a 209 in a Cheddite 10 gauge RST hull to get a firm flies in seal. The 209s fit in a little loose but when dry they are rock solid and stuck in place. You can see I wrote the numbers on these after the nail polish dried this time around.

Reminds me, I have to start on my Spring turkey tail fan mount today.

Edit…

Cleaned all the meat and fat off the tail feathers and applied fiberglass bondo on the back. I have it curing on wax paper with books keeping the feathers in place.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 08-27-2022 at 04:02 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I have used nail polish. I don't know if it makes them more weather proof, but it makes me feel like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    [ BALTIMOREED When I built .45 acp shot shells out of cut down 308 brass I used enamel nail polish to seal the overshot wad. Never had one ‘unload’ in my magazine. ] HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT DOING THIS ??
    Are you talking about actually making the 45 shot rounds? I had a set of RCBS .45 shotshell dies. It had a cut off die for 308 brass, a sizer die that would make the unique case shape. Drop the powder after priming, insert a 410 wad all the way in, trim the wad just under the rim. I used a homemade shot dipper to load the shot. They recommended using a gas check but I used a punch to cut circles out of clear acetate. That was my overshot wad, then the case mouth is rolled over slightly to hold it together. Then I gave it a couple coats of polish. Only used #9 shot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12