Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: KE Arms FDE complete monolithic polymer lowers on sale at Brownell's

Boolit Master

KE Arms FDE complete monolithic polymer lowers on sale at Brownell's

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod132661.aspx. i have had good luck with these. You can build a light weight, fast handling rifle on one of these lowers. PSA has some excellent daily deals on uppers and other ar parts too.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

I just got one and it is already set up as a lightweight. 300BO. I killed a racoon with it night before last. I've used a CavArms lower for years and these are an improved descendant IMO.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Texas by God; 08-16-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Do they still need the proprietary extra long pins? I really like the looks of the new ones.

Yes, they use their own pins with ball detent.
    A big plus( to me) is that they fit tight with no need for accu wedge shims.

Boolit Master
    PSA has a store in Denver, NC, a buddy and I rode down and I bought a carbine recently. Sort of a odd place, if they don't have what you want you can't order it and have it shipped to the store. You have to have a lower shipped to another FFL.

I tried to tell the young guy what I wanted, just a simple flat top carbine with a mid-length military style handguard. He ignored me and tried to show me everything but. Finally the manager got involved and put together exactly what I wanted at the daily deal price. It shoots fine and I am pleased with the rifle.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    PSA has a store in Denver, NC, a buddy and I rode down and I bought a carbine recently. Sort of a odd place, if they don't have what you want you can't order it and have it shipped to the store. You have to have a lower shipped to another FFL.

I tried to tell the young guy what I wanted, just a simple flat top carbine with a mid-length military style handguard. He ignored me and tried to show me everything but. Finally the manager got involved and put together exactly what I wanted at the daily deal price. It shoots fine and I am pleased with the rifle.
    I ordered a nickel boron bcg package that came with 10 p mags and also a nickel boron 2 stage trigger and a Sig Romeo 5 site. Psa has some good deals. The upper is coming from Mas Defense, 16" m4 contour 1/8 melonite barrel on a slick side Aero Precision fde upper. Has a 12" light weight fde hand guard and chose a simple A2 muzzle device. Got a Radian Raptor charge handle for it too. Should make a fine, handy carbine.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Yes, they use their own pins with ball detent.
    A big plus( to me) is that they fit tight with no need for accu wedge shims.

Yes, they do fit the uppers nicely. Mine came in at $170 with tax, shipping and the transfer fee. I have one with an 18" Faxon gunner barrel that shoots like a dream. Your 300 b.o. build sounds interesting and a good choice for cast rifle shooting.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 08-17-2022 at 07:21 AM.

These are my two favorite ARs. The back one has a CavArms lower and Remington .223 barrel. The front one is an Anderson 1-7" twist .300BO on the KE lower.
    My first rifle in 1972 was a Nylon 66, therefore I don't have much problem with plastic on a working gun!

Boolit Master
    Charlie, I got a mid-length 16" upper in FDE and a matching classic stealth lower. I already had a carrying handle. It was $409 plus tax. Just about as simple as it gets, sort of like things that way. The trigger is a little gritty but will get better, it's not a target rifle anyway.

The barrel has a 1-7 twist, I would have prefered a little slower but it seems to do fine with the 55 gr ammo I tried. I wanted the mid-length to have a little longer sight radius. I shot off the bench to set the sights and most groups were running around 2 1/2 in at 100, so I'm good to go.

Dave
    Last edited by beemer; 08-17-2022 at 06:16 PM.