Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What is the most absolute unconfortable handgun you have ever shot? Recoil wise

Boolit Master
    Never had a moster handgun i guess. Had some rifles that were unpleasant to shoot.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

A dang .357M derringer.
    It wasn't the recoil, it was the design of the pistol grip (round back)...that thing just wants to rock back and point into the air. I'd hate to have to make two quick shots and hope to hit anything on the second shot.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

My S&W M29 with 8 3/8" bbl I could shoot 12 rounds in one sitting. The gun hit the web of my hand so hard I couldn't take anymore so I started shooting Specials in it, Then I just sold it..

The Ruger SBH Bisley has the best grip for shooting heavy loads in a revolver there is out there. all of the Custom Six gun makers out there use Ruger Bisley's as the starting point for their Mega guns.

https://www.johnlinebaughcustomsixguns.com/

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Blub Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's Avatar
    Austrian Steyr Model 1912 Steyr-Hahn pistol. The amount of recoil itself wasn’t too bad but it was the way it was felt, it transferred through to the trigger and slapped hard. My trigger finger was throbbing after the range trip. Weirdest thing.

Boolit Master
    Thompson Center Contender in 44 magnum, shooting off a bench, Melvin had it loaded up to the "max", whatever that means. I could tell when I sat down that the grips weren't gonna fit me. That one hurt. FA 454, Ruger Bisley in 454, 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh standing on your hind legs is nothin' compared to that one shot with that Contender. Never again, nope.
    Melvin still calls me a pansy and that was 30 years ago.

Boolit Mold
    Thompson center contender SSK .375 JDJ. 300 grain @ 1775 across the screens. The only reason i bought it was because I thought it would be interesting to reload for and I had some .444 Marlin brass. I already had a .357 Herrett 10 in Contender and people at the time said the recoil was about the same. They lied !! I found why it comes with 4 rings for the scope mount. It took about 3 days for my wrist to recover after 5 rounds. Yes i was stupid and put 5 rounds through it so I could chrono the load. That was quite a few years ago. Now I am almost 70 and wonder why my arthritis is worse in that wrist. Now a days I am happy with .357 and 9mm.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    TC Encore 45/70 fifteen inch tapered barrel no brake TC barrel with 550 grain cast at 1500 chronoed.
    I have more powerful handguns but it is the most obnoxious, rude and overbearing handgun I've shot. But it is a great training tool.
    T/C Contender 45-70 16" bbl with brake and scoped. Even with a strap around the weak side elbow, could NOT control the muzzle flip.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

My dad had a scandium frame .357 magnum for a short time. It kicked so hard, the bullets would wiggle out of the case and lock it up by around round 3. Cool idea, stupid in the real world. He also had a .44mag derringer. 2 shots out of that and you could feel electrical jolts going through your hands and wrists. Granted it's not really a shootin' gun. Something you'd use for an absolute last resort. But man, no fun.
    Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing!

Boolit Master
    A 454 casull ouch no fun at all.

Boolit Master
    .500 S&W, followed closely by a Kel-Tec .40 S&W. Will not do either of these again.

Boolit Bub
    Ruger LCP

Boolit Grand Master
    Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum
    just killed my hand due to arthritis
    now I am shooting a T/C Encore in 460 SW but that oddly doesn't bother me as much
    Go figure
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    contender 44mag.

Boolit Buddy
    Love em Hand Cannons.. like the abuse.
    TC Contender in 375 JDJ, with some stout handloads, makes the 44's feel like 38's
    Lew Horton 3" 29 has some kick, The Herretts, 35 Rem / 45-70.. all nice kickers.
    My Uncle made Custom bowling gloves years ago (all leather), he made me a glove /
    wrist brace, you talk about a difference. saved the wrist..

-Rock

Boolit Man
    S&W 340PD. Scandium J-frame with titanium cylinder.....chambered in .357 Magnum. Imagine a .357 Magnum revolver that weighs 11.4 ounces, empty. When I first got it, the first thing I did was put 5 full-house .357 Magnum loads through it. It just plain brutalized my hand! Even .38 Special +P is quite a handful with this little gat, but it's do-able. It's just about useless with full-house .357 Magnum loads in it, but I always bring a few when I shoot it at the range. Everybody wants to try it with the full-house loads.....but they usually want to quit after the first round. I practice with a nice light .38 Special load that I worked up for IDPA in my Ruger GP100. 3.1 gr. of Clays under a 158 gr. plated round nose. It just barely makes power factor, and it's a creampuff in the GP100, and not too bad in the 340PD. I carry it with Hornady Critical Defense 110 gr. .38 Special +P in the cylinder. It may be unpleasant to shoot, but it's a joy to carry around in a front pocket all day. I'm not disappointed in the gun at all, I figured I wouldn't want to put many .357 Magnums through it, but if it's built to stand up to that kind of punishment, it should last just about forever shooting nice, mild .38 Specials through it. If you are thinking about acquiring one, be advised that the finish isn't very rugged. Mine is showing quite a bit of holster wear after the last 3 years or so. Also, the titanium cylinder requires special care when cleaning it.

Scotty
    Last edited by scottyp99; 09-10-2022 at 01:23 PM.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GL49 View Post
    Thompson Center Contender in 44 magnum, shooting off a bench, Melvin had it loaded up to the "max", whatever that means. I could tell when I sat down that the grips weren't gonna fit me. That one hurt. FA 454, Ruger Bisley in 454, 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh standing on your hind legs is nothin' compared to that one shot with that Contender. Never again, nope.
    Melvin still calls me a pansy and that was 30 years ago.
    A guy named Melvin calls you a pansy? That's gotta hurt!

Scotty

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567