MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is the most absolute unconfortable handgun you have ever shot? Recoil wise

What is the most absolute unconfortable handgun you have ever shot? Recoil wise

For me it would be the stupid mistake of shooting a J frame airweight (not steel) in full house 357 Magnum.

Boolit Master
    T/C contender, .357 herrett, 200 grain jacketed loaded on the hot side, with a ten inch barrel..... Ouch!
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Sp101 in 357 magnum. Friend had it. We shot some of my full power 357 magnum out of it.

Boolit Buddy
    500 S&W Magnum, 1 shot out of my friends was enough.

A .454 Casull Taurus Raging Judge. Worse than the recoil was powder blast from the cylinder gap! It hit me in the face 3 shots in a row. I handed it back and advised the owner to return it to Taurus.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Sp101 in 357 magnum. Friend had it. We shot some of my full power 357 magnum out of it.
    BINGO!! I've done the same. Load 5, pull the trigger twice and you're not really sure you want to fire the other 3 rounds.

T/C Contender 309 JDJ with a 4" bbl. (not a mis-print 4" bbl) a coworker asked me if I wanted to fire some rounds so he could measure them and build a reamer for a sizing die. I thought the gun blew up in my hand, it was like hitting a light pole with an aluminum baseball bat on a sub zero degree day. It stung my hand so badly.

Boolit Master
    TC Encore 45/70 fifteen inch tapered barrel no brake TC barrel with 550 grain cast at 1500 chronoed.
    I have more powerful handguns but it is the most obnoxious, rude and overbearing handgun I've shot. But it is a great training tool.

Boolit Master
    Desert Eagle 50AE. The grip was very large for my hands which made it hard to absorb the recoil. It was accurate tho.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    For me it would be the stupid mistake of shooting a J frame airweight (not steel) in full house 357 Magnum.
    I've never shot full house magnums through mine but 158s at 1000+ fps aren't bad.

I think the big magnums like 460 S&W are the worst I've experienced, although my 4.2" .45 Colt is no slouch with 300s at 1200+.

Boolit Master
    I think the worst I've seen was a 45-70 Derringer. The owner conned a guy to shoot it Twice. Second round didn't even hit the backstop. Probably still has the flinch.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I was wondering if someone else would say a derringer? Mine was some sort of over/under 45 derringer. I have large hands so just holding the thing was tough but then firing it and holding it was beyond tough and it put a nice divot between my thumb and forefinger. Naturally I had to take the second shot, save face and all that you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I think the worst I've seen was a 45-70 Derringer. The owner conned a guy to shoot it Twice. Second round didn't even hit the backstop. Probably still has the flinch.
    Oh good Lord no!!! I don't even know how you would hold onto that.

Boolit Master
    A 2.5" S&W Model 66, with true .357 Magnum loads. Even a 3" SP-101 doesn't bother me that much.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

#1. 500 Linebaugh built on a Ruger Blackhawk frame. 5 rounds of it was enough for me.
    #2. Prior to that, it was a .454 Casull with full house loads.
    #3. 310 Grain Lee RF out of a 4" S&W Mountain Gun. I was pushing close to max, no fun.

I'm happy for those that own and shoot them with joy though.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    45/70 14" with a brake 300 gr factory ammo,3 shots wrist and elbow were crying "uncle"

Moderator Emeritus

500 S&W Magnum. I used to accuracy test my boss's handguns as I shot better than he did. Two shots let me know all I needed to know about it.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

My 640 smith j frame, even light wadcutters are a handful any thing above that becomes painful. Its light weight makes the recoil very sharp

454 Casul. No thanks.

Then on the opposite spectrum was one of those tiny .22 revolvers. Very difficult to hold, and worse to aim. No recoil, but my grip was so bad, it scared me to shoot it. At least I could hold on to the 454.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Banned

Lady Smith 38spl

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast