RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So looking at Ruger .22 revolvers suggestions?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
    I wanted a wrangler they look great and decent price.....I guess they are not for sale here in the great state of MN , from what I understand we still have a Saturday night special law.
    https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.712

Subd. 4.Saturday night special pistol. "Saturday night special pistol" means a pistol other than an antique firearm or a pistol for which the propelling force is carbon dioxide, air or other vapor, or children's pop guns or toys, having a frame, barrel, cylinder, slide or breechblock:
    (1) of any material having a melting point (liquidus) of less than 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit, or

(2) of any material having an ultimate tensile strength of less than 55,000 pounds per square inch, or

(3) of any powdered metal having a density of less than 7.5 grams per cubic centimeter.

https://americanhandgunner.com/our-e...-22-wranglers/

The Wrangler has an aluminum alloy mainframe, a zinc alloy grip frame while the cylinder and cold hammer-forged barrel are steel.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    They thought that they were accomplishing something by making that law but I’m pretty sure they could not identify how that has actually helped anything.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    They thought that they were accomplishing something by making that law but I’m pretty sure they could not identify how that has actually helped anything.
    Heck, they can't even identify what is wrote, because what they wrote is garbage. If they followed that law to a T, it would mean the end of handguns entirely in the state. Instead it is completely on a case by case basis, and what handguns are allowed depends on their mood that day. You can argue about it forever, but more than 75% of handguns sold in MN legally today fail miserably at least one of those criteria. Most handguns sold in MN have the majority of their parts as polymer or plastic. But they aren't banned because... reasons. Even the enforcement of the law has been shady. It was on the books for a long time (the 70's best I can tell) until seemingly out of the blue they one day maybe 15 years ago decided, hey, we forgot about this pointless law in a sea of pointless laws. And now you can't buy Hi Point's in MN.

It's a gross and discriminatory law against the poor plain and simple. It might even be outright racist, being as it was written specifically aimed at keeping guns away from inner city minorities.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    My Wrangler experience is similar to Outpost’s and I selected mine by squinting at the B/C gaps amongst four and choosing. Hits a little low at short ranges but on at 25 for whatever reason. Good general purpose, trapline and plinking 22. Zero regrets.

Accuracy potential is very adequate for its purpose and is good enough for me to realize the piece is verging on very accurate or even better than that with my ability to resolve the sights the main reason for any limitation.
    I finally tested my Wrangler with good standard velocity ammo and Oh My!

CCI standard velocity will be my ammo of choice from now on. At 25 yards off sandbags it groups as well as my Hi-Standard HD Military of similar barrel length. Eley Standard and Eley Sport also grouped under 2 inches at 25 yards for six shots off bags and with 6:00 hold on B8 repair center after taking 0.1" off front sight is well centered in ten ring. Eley Subsonic HP expanded to .33" and penetrated three gallon water jugs at 885 fps. For comparison CCI Blazer high velocity gave 958 fps and CCI Mini-Mag 1098 fps. Fairly typical results for a .22 revolver with barrel length less than 5 inches.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 08-19-2022 at 11:16 PM.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master

This thread worked out well for me. I have been looking for a Single Six Bisley SS on and off for years but I hadn't looked since last fall. This thread motived me to start looking again. Not a Bisley but a Single Six Hunter SS convertible was available for a very very good price so it followed me home. It was manufactured in 2016 and was claimed to have only fired 50 rounds. The fit and finish on this one is outstanding.

This will be my 4th Single six convertible. The first three shot 22 Mags. very well, 22 LR not so much. I am hoping this one is better. Others claim the .224 barrels shot well for them so I still have hope to get lucky.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    For pop can plinking or using for a trap line I like my wrangler. With fixed sights It’s not pin point accurate for me past 15 or so yards. I’ve dispatched over a hundred raccoon and over 50 possum amongst other critters and small game. I’ve learned how potent a little 22lr can be with correct shot placement and the proper ammo choice using my wrangler. Hit a raccoon between the eyes and it doesn’t flinch. Some shots even pop both eyes out like a cartoon. Drop one spring and you’ll get a 2.5 pull. If you want better long range accuracy I’d leaned toward the single six with adjustable sights…or get both!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I finally tested my Wrangler with good standard velocity ammo and Oh My!

CCI standard velocity will be my ammo of choice from now on. At 25 yards off sandbags it groups as well as my Hi-Standard HD Military of similar barrel length. Eley Standard and Eley Sport also grouped under 2 inches at 25 yards for six shots off bags and with 6:00 hold on B8 repair center after taking 0.1" off front sight is well centered in ten ring. Eley Subsonic HP expanded to .33" and penetrated three gallon water jugs at 885 fps. For comparison CCI Blazer high velocity gave 958 fps and CCI Mini-Mag 1098 fps. Fairly typical results for a .22 revolver with barrel length less than 5 inches.
    I did not have enough Eley to waste on testing; but the CCI Standard Velocity is certainly my favorite from my testing. BTW the CCI Standard Velocity would not cycle in the High Standard Model B I used to have. I figure it was set up for the "new" high velocity 22 LR ammo.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123