RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good and the VERY VERY BAD

The good and the VERY VERY BAD

Golden chanterell mushrooms (yellow) very yummy.

Destroying angel mushroom. (White with collar and bulb) VERY VERY BAD! One if the most toxic mushrooms in North America.

The things we find kicking around in our woods.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

I usually can find a dozen morels in the spring. Nothing else that I deem safe to eat....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

No antidote for destroying angle. One mushrooms can be fatal. Know your 'shrooms before you eat.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Wow, so innocent looking, our dangerous ones are more dramatic.

Our Chanterelles look a little different too.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

I love mushrooms. But, I would be terrified to make the personal call one what's safe and what's not. Definitely a knack thats passed down in person by somebody trusted.'
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Grand Master
    How would you test the mushroom to see if it's good????
    Looks for a volunteer?????

Boolit Buddy
    I heard that there are some mushrooms where you eat a meal of them and you won't be hungry again for the rest of your life!

chanterells, Morels and shaggy Mains grow all around our farm, in the woods and along the creeks. and we have cut them, for years and years..Good to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by JRD View Post
    I heard that there are some mushrooms where you eat a meal of them and you won't be hungry again for the rest of your life!
    That's a good one right there. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JRD View Post
    yes...just like you can eat any mushroom ONCE....... be careful out there folks.
    here in NZ we are pretty lucky...our two main species of field mushroom are easy to pick/identify pink or brown gills whit tops...and the horse mushrooms are the same just giant sized...somewhere between bread plate and dinner plate sized.

Boolit Master
    I've been told many of the deaths from the avenging angel are from people from asia where they have a similar shroom that is edible.

Boolit Master
    Coming back from town there was a pile of rocks just off the road a bit that weren't the right kind for the area. I hung a U turn and went back. Giant Puffballs, we had beef steak and mushroom steak for dinner.

Amanita muscaria is the #1 bad one here but it's bright red, hard to miss.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 08-11-2022 at 07:27 PM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

https://youtu.be/SVWix8DjM4M

From the series Norsmen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Good pic of the chanterelles! We won't see any of those around here for another month.

Boolit Master

Oven roasted onions and channels, roasted Brussel sprouts with cracked black pepper and loads of rosemary and a roasted pork tenderloin. Mmmmm good!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    No antidote for destroying angle. One mushrooms can be fatal. Know your 'shrooms before you eat.
    https://www.mushroomhuntress.com/the...ly-intentions/

Is there a treatment for poisoning by death cap mushroom?
    Yes. Medical professionals treat poison victims with dialysis and penicillin, among other things. Many cases require liver or kidney transplants.

The key to survival is seeking medical help immediately. The longer a person waits, the harsher the damage to the liver and kidneys.

Scientists are looking into an injection of silibinin, a derivative of milk thistle, as a promising treatment. Silibinin stops the liver from taking in the poison. In Europe, it is an approved treatment, but not in the United States.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

There were a ton of bolets and chanterelle this year...i think...not sure so they they stayed where they were...also found some that were high in psylocibin apparently according to this app thing.
    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.”
    ― Winston S. Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    https://www.mushroomhuntress.com/the...ly-intentions/

Is there a treatment for poisoning by death cap mushroom?
    Yes. Medical professionals treat poison victims with dialysis and penicillin, among other things. Many cases require liver or kidney transplants.

The key to survival is seeking medical help immediately. The longer a person waits, the harsher the damage to the liver and kidneys.

Scientists are looking into an injection of silibinin, a derivative of milk thistle, as a promising treatment. Silibinin stops the liver from taking in the poison. In Europe, it is an approved treatment, but not in the United States.
    Death cap is not the same as destroying angle. There is no antidote. There are treatments that can raise the survival rate.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...stroying-angel

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Electrod47 View Post
    I love mushrooms. But, I would be terrified to make the personal call one what's safe and what's not. Definitely a knack thats passed down in person by somebody trusted.'
    This. Totally agree which I why I won't even look, except in grocery stores. Thought about getting the logs to grow some from one of the schroom sites.

I can say that silibinin and another compounded by the human pharmacy has repaired and kept my little terrier alive for about 6 months and she's still feeling fine.
    Vet tested here early in the year as she was going down quick and determined her liver was sick. Highest reading that he had taken from a living dog. two or so weeks into the treatment and she was back to normal. But I ain't trying any mushrooms I'm not sure of.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast