Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commerative $2 bill

Boolit Master

Cool Commerative $2 bill

While going to my truck with a basket of food at Wallys (don't nag me please ) I was approached by a younger fellow, 30ish maybe wanting to sell me a $2 dollar bill, his story was he needed gas to get home and the bill was worth at least $10. It was plastic wrapped and inside a hard card type folder with plenty of graphics. I asked him if it could be spent, he says it's legal tender. I told him I would give him $2 bucks. He says that's not enough gas to get home. I actually would have given him 2 bucks but he expected more so I just shrugged my shoulders and said good luck. They can't even beg worth dam any more.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Another favorite is to sell those pre-paid charge cards at deep discounts in the parking lot of stores that take them.
    Only problem is, they were never activated and 'charged up'.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Buddy
    I love $2 bills. I buy as many as I can from my local bank. Then I go to the gentleman’s clubs and I hand them out to the dancers. In the dim light the dancers think that they are 20s and they treat me like a king. I love $2 bills.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    So many schemes . . . so many "panhandlers" . . . . and so many who are bent on getting something for nothing instead of getting a job, accepting responsibility and earning their money honestly . . . especially when there are help wanted signs all over and getting a job flipping burgers at $20 an hour is not that unusual. .

As my Dad always said . . . a fool and their money are soon departed" . . . .

As we go back and forth between MI and AZ, it is not unusual to get "hit up" by such people when we stop to get gas or to eat . . . it was even more of a problem this past spring. We try to avoid such situations, but every so often they seem to appear out of nowhere - especially in larger parking lots and fast food parking lots where there can "disappear: quickly.

Our local government allows these guys to sit on a corner, many corners and panhandle. They can't wash windows or anything like that, have to be passive. But I love them standing around, healthier than me, just a ragged clothes and probably a beard, with a Walmart, a mcdonald's and various other stores with signs for help wanted in the windows. Heck MCDONALD'S Still has a $500 sign up bonus. I never give them a dime.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Someone else said "A Fool and his money are some Party!"
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    The People For A Perfect World howl about what an “indictment” it is for “Our Society” to have all these mendicants around. A “failure” of the eee-ville Capitalist System.

Show me another country where all you need to do is hand-letter a message on a (free) piece of cardboard (doubtless with a borrowed Sharpie) and sit on your old rusty-dusty all day and still earn a living.

The ones around here wear clothes in as good condition and quality as mine, do not look underfed or in bad health or unable to work. A van drops them off on the median or at the stoplight every morning and picks them up every evening. They obviously have places to stay and eat at.

One would think they have an incredibly boring “job,” but I have lost any element of surprise anymore at the lengths people will go to avoid having to do any real work.

Boolit Master
    I have given to very few. Years ago I went to Thailand with my wife and saw a man on a creeper, his legs were missing just above the knees and he had very nasty looking mold or something at the stumps. I gave him some money. Another man asked for money to feed his baby, and he was a near neighbor, that worked. Just one other who asked for money I lectured him a bit, he was a young healthy looking fellow who obviously wanted to be high. He really seemed to take to my talk so I gave him a 5.
    At least I thought these fellows needed help, the others, who obviously scam, can pound sand. If I really helped anyone it was worth it.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by truckerdave397 View Post
    I love $2 bills. I go to the gentleman’s clubs and I hand them out to the dancers.

That's very good----- and generous. They don't pay those girls enough to even buy clothes.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Considering most of them you get from the bank are pretty pristine, I would sure pass on it.

A panhandler lives near me, and goes to town every day to ply his trade. One day I gave him a ride to town for him to go to "work". He had the nerve to asks me for money, after I had given him the ride. I told him I lived on Social Security, get out of my car, and never expect another ride. Ungrateful bastid.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy

When I'm approached by these "I need gas to get home" grifters, I always reply, "Where's your vehicle? Pull it up to the pump and I'll use my CC to put the $20 of gas in it. NOT ONE has ever taken me up on the offer.

Noah

Boolit Buddy
    Buy a pack of 'job application forms' at the office supply store and hand them out instead of cash! Way cheaper and societal benefits!
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

Boolit Master

Out in my safe I have and old Silver certificate $2 not sure what the value of it is it is, I have it in a case with some foreign paper bills I have not looked for it since putting it in the safe. Funny thing is the bill was in a old ALLEN Poe book I got at a moving sale I found it several years later when I read the book and a stop at the house had no forwarding address for the previous owners or I would have got it back to them.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    About a year ago the lady approached me in denny's parking lot and stated she needed gas to get to O.K.C.. I looked at her car and it had Oklahoma plates. I told her to meet at the 711 accross the street and I would put some gas in her car. I stood around for about 5 minute then went inside 711 and paid for my gas. The casher ask why I was standing around, I told him about the lady needing gas. He laughed and described the lady and her car. He then told he had ran her off because she was asking for cash from customer comming and going. She never showed.

Boolit Master
    was at the bank like a year ago and watched a guy get like 500 of them that the bank had to special order, said he uses them for tips. must be nice to have $1000 in pocket to give out as tips.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    was at the bank like a year ago and watched a guy get like 500 of them that the bank had to special order, said he uses them for tips. must be nice to have $1000 in pocket to give out as tips.
    If you read thread # 3 it was probably me.
    Last edited by truckerdave397; 08-15-2022 at 10:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    I keep a $2 bill in my wallet that way I can say I'm never broke. Friend has an 8 or 9 year old going to put up a couple of $2 bills one facing front the other the back with a bit of a history lesson in a nice frame for his birthday. Was told by his grand parents he likes U.S. history. As far as panhandle I'll offer food but no cash.

Boolit Master
    I knew I missed a thought paper money unless it's something like a bill that's printed isn't worth much more over face value. Any bills in the $500 range or higher are collectabe and are worth quite a bit more.
    I know this as worked in a store that catered to stamp/coin collectors when I was much younger.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Do they still print $2 bills these days?

Boolit Master
    I believe they do,check the Treasury website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast